111.

"So how does that feel? Comfortable?" He smiled.

"Kind of yeah. It's sore because of the pressure on it. Is there anything else you can do?"

"We can add an extra layer of bandage underneath? You will get used to the pain and it will go away eventually buy for now you might have to hold your breathe and just deal with the pain." He took it off again and began wrapping the bottom of my leg once again.

"That feels better. Can I try and stand again?"

"If you wish." He pulled me again and left me to try and balance. He let go of my hands one by one and I managed to stand but it was too much trying to move.

"I can't walk.."

"You can try Jay. Can't isn't a word." He sighed. I took a few steps, they were shaky and they were weak but I finally managed to take 5 steps towards him and then I had to stop. "See well done. That is progress. That is great work. You are good at this and you know you can do it." He laughed helping me to get back and onto the bed.

"What next?"

"Do you want me to take the leg or leave you with it on?"

"Can I keep it on for now please?"

"Of course. Just remember pace yourself. Be careful because you can do this you just need to think about it before you try." He smiled and with that he left. I managed to sit myself up some more and I began doing gentle stretches with my leg and knee because I knew it helped me.

**

"At this point I'm worried Erin." He smiled.

"Why though? 2 weeks ago you told me it was fine and there was no health issues."

"Yes because we were at 12 weeks, we were still early into the pregnancy. Now at 14 weeks it worries me a little bit because Pip is still really small. I'd like you to have a ultrasound scan today please?"

"Yeah sure. Anything else while I'm here?"

"Bloods, urine and blood sugar."

"Okie dokie. Can I go to see Jay while I wait?"

"We'll do the bloods while you are there with them, then we'll take you for the scan." He smiled. I took my paperwork and headed over to where Jay was. When I went in there he was sat up with his legs out the bed. He had his prosthetic leg on and a massive smile on his face.

"You are one amazing man." I laughed going over and kissing him.

"And it's because you are the best wife and if you hadn't of been the amazing help then we wouldn't of got this far." He smiled pulling me into a hug again.

"How have you been getting on?"

"Physio this morning went great. I stood up. How are things your end at home?"

"So good. I had a BBQ with Kim and Adam a few weeks ago, the kids have been wonderful. Flo is a big help with everything. Harvey apart from being so tired and wanting to play he is fine. Dr Khan is now worried for the health of myself and baby so looks like I'm spending more time here than I thought." I laughed gently.

"I mean for now please try and stay at home." He chuckled. "But on a serious note I'm glad everything is okay with us both. Now do you fancy helping me into some new clothes please?"

"Of course." I smiled as I pulled the curtain around his bed and began helping him change into new shorts and a black tank top. He took my hand as I sat down on the bed next to him. He smiled and gently kissed my cheek.