40.

We got inside and I laid down Florence in her cot in the living room and Erin slammed the kitchen door and screamed. She screamed so hard she began crying. I went in there and carefully closed the door behind me. When I turned to face her she was a hunched up mess on the floor, kneeling but laying with her face pressed against the tiles as she cried. She was sobbing.

"Oh sweetie." I sighed, I knelt down next to her and hugged her. She just cried into my arms and I felt powerless, what could I do to help her? Literally nothing. It was so breaking to see her like this. I kissed her head and just held her there. Then there was a knock at the door.

"Hello? It's only me." Upton called gently opening the door.

"Hey, sorry I couldn't open the door."

"It's okay. I found the spare key. Is everything okay?" She smiled.

"Can you keep a eye on Florence until I sort Erin out." I smiled, she nodded and shut the door quietly again. I just continued to hold her there while she cried.

After 2 hours, 45 minutes and 29 seconds of crying she stopped. She sat up and hugged me.

"Let's go see her daughter shall we?" I smiled. She nodded and we went into the living room and Upton was sat at the table next to the basket with her hand holding Florence's.

"Thank you for looking after her." Erin smiled. "You can stay for dinner if you want?"

"That would be lovely." She smiled.

*

I went into the kitchen and began cooking some chicken stir fry. Hailey was sat at the table in the living room talking to Jay. Florence was fast asleep for the first time all day. I grabbed 3 plates out the cupboard and began warming up the bottle of milk for Florence. I dished up the food for us adults and then grabbed the bottle. Jay helped me to dish up and serve everyone's food and then we sat down and I kept the bottle with me to cool down. Florence woke up halfway through the dinner and I went to get up but Upton smiled and took the bottle.

"Do you mind if I do it?" She smiled.

"You go for it sweetie." I smiled. I sat back down properly and watched as Upton began to feed her with the new made up bottle. Jay smiled at me and it just made me think why did we need Hank? He meant nothing anymore. Like literally nothing. I was doing good, I had my lovely husband and my beautiful daughter and the 2nd most important thing in my entire life was my lovely heart warming friendship group that were always and would always be there for me and no matter what I'm going through, my house, my heart and my ears will always be open for them all too.

* * *

We'd requested a week off to deal with personal issues and it was the best choice we'd made. Today was the first day we had off together and we'd already made plans. I placed the cups of tea onto the tray and went upstairs. She had her hair up in some messy bun and was blowing raspberries on Florence's tummy and they were both in hysterics. I put the tray down on the side and got back into bed with them both and watched her. Erin had changed from this short haired, tough cookie of a rookie police officer when I first met her to now a long haired, soft, beautiful mature, wife and mum. It was lovely to see her change like this, it was great to see what being a mum had done to her, considering what had happened with Florence she was doing so well. I mean Erin didn't look tired or anything, she was doing really well bless her. She was beautiful and so strong. Both of them were. Florence certainly took after Erin in that respect. I looked over again and Erin sat up and pulled Florence up and was laughing and pulling faces at her. I laughed at them both and kissed Erin and as soon as I did Florence began crying. When I sat back away from Erin she stopped and we both laughed again.