9.

"Erin are you still here?" He called tearfully reaching out everywhere.

"Jay I'm here. Calm down. I'm right here." I sighed I got up out of bed and went over holding his hand. The nurse come in and smiled at me as she went round treating a different person. Gregg was laying there watching us.

"Go back to sleep Jay." I sighed stroking his hair gently.

"Sorry...did I wake you up? What time is it?"

"Half past 4. I was awake anyway so it doesn't matter." I stood up and went over by the window. I just sat on the window ledge and watched the snow falling gently.

"Jay! It's snowing." I smiled with a gentle laugh.

"Is it seriously?"

"Yep." I smiled. It took 45 minutes before Jay finally fell asleep again, he couldn't see anything still. He was really swollen and still in a lot of pain. Gregg currently had, had 4 skin graphs on his leg but he was doing better. Apparently Jay had will need physiotherapy. Gregg smiled at me and moved from the bed to the armchair.

"Are you okay?" He smiled.

"Yeah I'm getting there." I nodded, I smiled at the nurse as she went over to check up on Jay.

"You sure? I don't think it's right for you to be trying to be here for 12+ hours a day and then after that going off to work and trying to focus on work. You are going to injury yourself or put someone else in danger if your not careful." He smiled.

"Gregg I'm doing good. Work is fine. I've been okay. We've been here for about 4 weeks so far and I've been good. I get to stay here at Jay's side every night as well so it seems good. I mean I get to spend time with him." I smiled.

"Erin you are allowed to go home you know? Your not his babysitter?"

"No I'm not his babysitter I'm his girlfriend." I smiled again. He just shrugged and nodded in agreement. Once the nurse had finished I headed back over to Jay and held his hand again. Gregg smiled and sat back on his bed. I kissed Jay's forehead gently as the nurse bought over a bowl of warm water. I removed his eye pads gently and began to clean his eyes. He flinched a lot.

"It's okay. Is it that painful?"

"It really hurts Erin."

"Okay. Give me 5 minutes and you'll be okay again. It won't hurt much more after this." I smiled again. I don't know why I was smiling or anything anymore considering he couldn't see me. I finished cleaning all the gunk off his eyes with the little cloth. I pushed the bed up so he could sit up more.

"Do you trust me?" I smiled.

"Of course I do why?"

"Because will you let me take your hands and we can try and walk?" I smiled.

"I can't feel my legs so I don't think I'll be able too."

"Can we try? Like I'll take you to the window and open it and you can feel the snow?"

"Okay sure..." He smiled. He reached out and I put the bed side holders down and took both his legs off the bed and put them down on the floor. Then after taking his hands I put all his weight on me. He basically leant on me and held my hands. We stood up and he began slowly moving his feet. It took us 25 minutes before we finally got to the window - When we finally did we sat on the window ledge and I opened it, sticking his hand out the window so some snow landed on his hand. As soon as he began to feel it a big smile come on his face.

"It's snowing!" I laughed.

"I can feel it." He smiled. He laughed and a few tears fell from his cheeks. He squeezed my hand.