66.

8 weeks.

The morning sickness was getting too much. Not any of my pregnancy's had I suffered like this, even Florence's pregnancy I had felt better than this. 2 months gone and I can barley make it out of bed in the mornings before I'm sick everywhere. Poor Florence seeing me like this and I feel bad for Jay, Jay's chest was still slightly sore for him, his ribs had been causing him some trouble, but no he still put me first.

"1 cup of ginger tea, 2 green mint biscuits and your favourite white blanket. How's bump doing?" He smiled as we sat down on the sofa together.

"You are too cute. Bump is fine, growing." I laughed.

"Florence should be home in about 2 hours if you want to chill now for a bit before?" He smiled.

"Yeah I just want to sleep to be honest Jay." I sighed. He nodded and put his arms around me while I tried to sleep. I kept remembering the ordeal from the explosion. Seeing everyone injured and vulnerable like that broke my heart. I never wanted to see my friends like that again but I knew it was part and parcel of this job. I knew I was going to see people get hurt and I'd learn to deal with it. After seeing Nadia die and going through that I got stronger.

*

When she woke up Florence was in her room with her best friend for her school. I sat back down and kissed her head.

"Flo's home?" She smiled.

"You've been asleep for about 4 hours." I laughed as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. "But luckily for you Flo has Lauren round so we can chill for a bit longer." I smiled.

"I like that idea." I sat back down in bed and cuddled her against my chest again. "You know I appreciate you?"

"Of course I do." She smiled.

"I'm just saying." I gently ran my fingers over the scar on her right shoulder blade. It always bought back bad memories and sleepless nights. We kept it quiet, the only people who knew were Hank, Adam and the team from the hopsital. I remember it all like it was yesterday. We attended a call out to back up Adam and when we went there, it was someone I'd dealt with a few years previous. He grabbed a gun and aimed it at me straight away. As he shot Erin jumped on me to push me to the ground, I've never had someone take a bullet for me. I just remember Hank took them down and I got up with Erin and she told me she was fine then she passed out on me. We had no time to wait for a ambulance so Hank grabbed her and we got in his car, Adam in the front and I sat in the back, Erin laid out on me bleeding from her back somewhere. She held onto my hands and cried out in pain. When we finally did get her to the hopsital she was put in resus and given several IV drips then had the bullet removed in a 2 hour surgery to remove the bullet from her rib cage and then she spent 2 days in hospital recovering.

***

12 weeks.

We'd made it to the safe time, I promised myself if we made it to 12 weeks we could begin to tell people. We'd both been working really hard to ensure we could raise money to care for ourselves and our new arrival. Florence had been doing so well at school as well. We were so impressed with her.

"How are you feeling about today?" He smiled.

"Yeah I'm good. Tired and nervous. It's always nervy telling people about a pregnancy." I laughed.

"True but we don't have to say anything."

"Well how about we wait until later and have a family meal and do it that way?" I held his hand gently.

"That would be lovely." He kissed me gently before we got ready to leave the house for work. When we got in it was nice and quiet in the office. Kevin took my arm and pulled me into the staff room.