79.

I kissed her head gently as she went into bed. I pulled the door slightly too and checked on Harvey, he was fast asleep. I went back downstairs and looked out the window and there was no sign of Erin or a taxi or any of the girls. I rung Erin's mobile number but she didn't bother to pick up. I made myself a cup of tea and sat down on the sofa with the TV on quietly in the living room so I could sit and wait for Erin to come home.

11:00pm.

I paced the living room as I waited for Erin to just come in through the door but no still no sign of her. Surely she wouldn't be out much longer? She promised me that now we had the kids she wouldn't go out for hours.

12:30am.

Still no sign of her. I'd left her about 30 missed calls and several text messages too but she wasn't responding to anything and now her phone was going straight to voicemail as well.

4:00am.

The door opened and Gabby came in.

"Where's Erin?"

"Club?" She smiled before laying on the armchair and practically passing out. What else could I do? There was literally nothing to do. I just sighed and went upstairs and sat in the bedroom on the edge of the bed looking around at all the photos of myself and Erin from our 'happy days.' Look at our wedding day photos. We were happy, full of smiles and laughter. Everything was wonderful and enjoyable but now we could hardly keep it together even on a good day.

**

My phone was dead, my feet were aching, my hands were dry and my head was banging. I could smell this lovely nice spicy smell spray. I sat up and opened my eyes to find myself on someone's sofa. This wasn't my house. I rubbed my eyes and looked down, I was wearing a baggy top and shorts. I threw the blanket off me onto the back of the sofa and stood up. I nearly lost my balance.

"Don't fall. You are probably still a bit drunk and you most likely have or will have a mean hangover soon." He smiled as I looked at him trying not to cry.

"What happened last night?" I took the water and painkillers he handed me. He smiled before we sat down together on the sofa and I put the blanket over me again.

"Your phone is on charge in the kitchen by the way." He smiled. "Also last night you got yourself into a complete state." He sighed looking down.

"Oh no. I'm so sorry. What did I do? What on earth was I drinking?"

"Bottles of stuff, shots, more bottles. Whatever you could afford. You didn't exactly do anything stupid but you got so drunk that you passed out and fell over outside the club so I bought you home and got you cleaned up and sorted out and I let you sleep out here on the sofa, I also text Jay off your phone and told him you'd called a taxi and were staying at a hotel and that you'd be home later today." He smiled gently at me.

"Thank you Adam that really means a lot to me." I smiled.

"Go grab a shower I'll wash your clothes and I'll drop you home." He kissed my forehead before I went into his bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror I saw my scraggy hair, chapped lips, makeup stained face and once again my black, puffy, sore eyes. I took a big tearful breath before running the water for my shower.

**

I was so thankful it was the weekend. Both the kids were still asleep. I'd done the housework and was treating myself to a cup of coffee in the garden under the sun. I heard next door's kids running around in their garden and it just made me think about how I've ruined everything completely. Like how if I hadn't of started this stupid affair with Abby then Erin and I would of been so happy now. We both still had a strong love for each other but we weren't sure how to make things work anymore. How are you supposed to be happy with someone who doesn't even trust you?