21.

"Are you being serious?" He smiled.

"I'm not lying about it for god sake." I laughed. "Listen I need to get back on with this case. We'll catch up later for dinner?" I smiled.

"If you want?"

"Yeah we need to talk about it." I stood up, I hugged him and kissed his cheek gently before going back out into the office. I sat at my desk with the paperwork around me, my laptop on the table. Jay come out and placed a cup of coffee on my desk in front of me.

"Decaf." He smiled. I nodded with a smile as he sat down at his own desk. I couldn't help it but I was working and I kept looking over at him and smiling.

"Right we're having a change around." Hank smiled coming out of his office. "Look at this." He passed everyone a sheet of paper with new names on it. I went up and Jay come up behind me putting his hand on my waist as he stood behind me.

"What about me and Jay? Everyone else has changed around?" I smiled at him.

"You two work together perfectly. You are great when it comes to teamwork and stuff so I don't want to change it up." He laughed we turned to each other and high fived as Hank shook his head and went into his office. Minutes seemed like hours as we sat at our desks typing up case's.

"Detective Lindsay come with me please?" Hank smiled as he was holding a phone up to his ear. I went into his office, he shut the door and handed me the phone.

"Erin?"

"Gabby? What's up?"

"Can you come to the firehouse please?"

"Is it personal or work?"

"Work."

"Yeah I'll leave now." I handed him the phone before going out and putting my jacket on. "Jay we need to go to 51." I smiled. He grabbed the keys as we headed over there. I felt nervous for some reason. I wasn't sure why but I felt really nervous about what was coming up.

"What's going on?" I smiled hopping out the car as Gabby greeted me.

"I need you to come in and help us with something."

"Something serious?"

"Quite serious yeah actually." She sighed. Jay locked up before coming with me carrying the note pad and stuff. I had my radio on my belt and my gun in the holder carefully placed so I could get it if needed. I went inside and Kelly was sat at the table covered in blood. A cut on his head.

"What on earth happened to you?" I smiled.

"Someone clearly doesn't like me." He laughed. Jay went off talking to Gabby. I took a statement from Kelly and we sent him off to med. We went back out to the car and Jay began driving us back. The traffic was really bad but we sat waiting like normal I made sure to write up the notes of Kelly's statement so I could work on it when I got back.

"Why is the traffic so bad already?" I sighed.

"I reckon there's been a crash somewhere."

"Put the lights on and go ahead to check what's happening." I smiled. I flicked the lights and sirens on and we drove towards to the front of the lane just as we pulled up at a junction we parked at a angle across the front of the junction.

*

She opened the door and half jumped out of the car as I looked to my side to get out a massive lorry came smashing into the side of us knocking the entire car.

*

We pulled up in the ambulance and I jumped out. The range rover was in a crumpled heap in front of us. The guys come out of the fire truck and everyone began working straight away. Jay got himself out of the car and came over.