11.

"Erin wake up? Come on show us your with us. Erin?" Was all I heard. I kept hearing the same thing over and over and over again. Going through my head, I felt so light headed. I was sat up against a wall but I just wanted to be back at home. Or was I at home? Where was I? What was going on anymore? Some shook my hand and I opened my eyes, the light blinding me.

"Oh my god your okay." Hank smiled.

"I want Jay."

"No he needs to be arrested. He's assaulted you."

"No Hank. Hank I'm not pressing charges."

"Seriously? You stupid girl!"

"All of you get out - I want Jay. I don't need medical treatment. I want a new door put on too."

"Fine. Let's go guys." Kevin called. Hank just dropped my hand and they all left. Jay was uncuffed and came running over to me. Gregg come in and smiled.

"I'll clean you up." Gregg took my hand and helped me up. I followed him quietly into the bedroom and sat on the bed while he got the first aid kit.

*

I felt so bad, she was going to swell up a lot - there was a large cut on her forehead, it probably needed stitches, she had a black bruised, swollen eye, split lip and her nose was a bit displaced. I smiled at her as I gently pressed my thumb against her chin and turned her head so I could clean the cuts up. She closed her eyes and then the tears began to fall. I finished up the stitches and pulled her into a hug against my chest. She stopped crying after about a hour. She looked at me and smiled gently.

"Can you leave me alone please? I want to sleep." She smiled.

*
Gregg took the first aid kit into the living room and I got myself into bed. Dreading to see myself in the mirror in the morning because I knew it would look worse in the morning. I heard footsteps and I opened my eyes and saw Jay.

"I'm going to sleep in the box room tonight." He smiled.

"Okay...you don't have to."

"Oh no it's okay. I'll be good in the box room." He kissed my head before going off into the other room. Shutting the door quietly behind him. I felt good for finally being able to spend some time alone and I also knew I was going to work in the morning, no matter how much he asks me to not to go.

*

I got up normal time and got dressed for work. A baggy pullover hoodie and some leggings. Trainers, not my usual look at all. I put my trainers on as well. My badge attached to the hoodie with the safety pin. I went over to the mirror and wanted to cry. I ran my finger over the marks, my left eye was purple and black, my eye socket was swollen and bruised. My lip was busted but it was nothing I hadn't seen before. My nose was a bit swollen as well but again nothing I couldn't handle. A few painkillers and I was doing fine. I went into the living room and Gregg was sat at the kitchen table eating some toast, I sat on the sofa while I laced up my shoes. Finally after the aches and pains I felt from last night I made it out of the house without even seeing Jay. I headed straight to work. Parking up the BMW outside in the usual spot. I put my hood down to go inside and I signed in before going upstairs to everyone.

"Oh hello..." I smiled at the blonde girl sitting on my chair at my desk.

"Hi! I'm guessing your Erin! What has happened to you? Poor girl."

"Yeah I'm Erin. Who are you?"

"Hailey Upton. I got called into covering you."

"Oh well I'm here now."