29.

"Detective Captain Lindsay please come here please?"

"How can I help?" I stood there watching everyone around me.

"Can you take these case study files back to the district and get them written up by Hank please." He smiled.

"Sure thing." I took the cardboard boxes in my car the entire 1 hour journey to the district. I wasn't out the car when I saw the car and my heart started racing so hard. I wasn't sure what to do. Whether to leave them at the desk or go up and speak to him in person.

*

"I just can't believe I wasn't told anything. I'm still not over it now." I sighed.

"I'm sorry. You both couldn't do it. The space was needed. I don't know but she's gone now."

"Do you know where?"

"I have no idea where Jay." He smiled.

"Your lying to me aren't you? I know you are." I sighed. His eye suddenly fell behind me and to the stairs and the gate which had just happened. I turned round and I wanted to just sink into the floor and disapear. She had hair cut short, up to her shoulders. Like above her shoulders. She was wearing a white blouse, it had black shoulder pads on both her shoulders and lots of little badge type things on the shirt. She had her medals hanging on the shirt too. She was wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and black plain shoes. Her hair wasn't the normal dark blonde colour. It was like brown. Almost dark brown. She had no makeup on and her eyes were puffy, she had bags. It looked like she hadn't smiled in ages. I just stood there.

"Hank can you run over these for us please?" She handed him these 2 massive cardboard boxes.

"Of course I can. How is work going on?"

"It's going great. I've dealt with like 4 cases so far. It seems to be going okay actually. I need to go but we'll catch up tonight? Couple beers for us both?" She headed back towards the stairs.

"Oh nice to see you Erin." I sighed. She just stopped and it caused every body in the office to look at us both. "Yeah it's lovely to know your getting on great."

"I'm sorry but the last I heard was you leaving off to go back to the rangers and you weren't coming back."

"Yeah I'm with the rangers. But what on earth do you think your doing?"

"What do you mean? I've left everything." She sighed.

"Left everything?" I looked between her and Hank.

"Yeah I've left everything down to you." She looked down.

"What do you mean? Just explain it!" I shouted at her making her jump.

"I wrote a will the other day."

"Your 26? Why?"

"So now the house, the car, all our money, everything is left too you. I have nothing anymore. I have nothing but a job anymore."

"Erin no. Don't do this."

"I've done it now. I need to go back to work.." She began walking down the stairs.

"Erin you've changed so much. Stop it seriously." I cried out as she ran down the stairs. I went into the staff room slamming the door, I slammed and broke everything around me. Flipping the table. I was so stressed out. I wanted to hurt everybody. Hailey come running in and hugged me. I held her arms and cried against her chest.

"I can't do this.." I cried.

"Come on you can do this. Calm down and we will go home. We need to go home and just relax." She smiled.