3.

"So recruits welcome to the Chicago Police Department Training Academy. We will be pushing you further than your limits in order for you to become the best police officers of your generation. Everyone here is between the ages of 19 and 21. You will be split up now into your separate groups and you will be put off onto your different activities so please find the place with the group that relates to your first letter of your last name." I sighed and after remembering all of that I went over to the group of guys stood over there.

"Erin Lindsay." I nodded.

"Correct. You've passed all of your exams so for now please go to District 21, your new workplace and we will contact you for the ceremony." He smiled shaking my hand. I smiled and headed out, taking my cap off and sitting in the car with a smile. I put the radio on quietly and headed off to the new District. It had been 3 months since Jay had gone. No contact with him at all because of the situation and place he was in. I missed him a lot. I just wanted to see his face again. The best I had was pictures and videos of us from before he left. I had decorated the apartment and Gabby and Matt lived in our old place. I loved mine and Jay's new place honestly. For the first time I felt really happy with everything. I parked up and went inside the new district and was greeted by everyone with big smiles. Hank pulled me into a massive hug and kissed my head.

*

The explosions and shooting were terrifying. I missed Erin. I wanted to go home. I'd been here for 3 months and all I wanted was to hug her again.

"Halstead? Are you ready to run?" He called.

"If we have too." I sighed, hands shaking as I picked up my gun."

"3....2....1....GO!" He shouted, we got up and ran, shooting randomly at the people who were shooting at us. I was jumping barbed wire and everything. The final jump down into the bunker I caught my leg on barbed wire and I feel right down into the bunker. My leg pissing out blood.

"Fuck sakes!" I sighed holding a dressing down on it as it had ripped through my entire trouser leg. Mouse come down and helped me clean it up. The injury along with not eating in a few days and not sleeping had exhausted me well and truly.

* * *

"Yeah he's due back in 2 months exactly." I smiled.

"Are you nervous about today?"

"Oh my god. Gabby I'm shitting it." I laughed.

"Chill out. Get yourself dressed and we will take you and then think about it you can surprise Jay when he comes back by telling him your a Detective." She hugged me, she sat on the sofa and I went into the bedroom and got changed, a black dress and a black suit jacket over it, some black shoes as well. I took a few deep breaths and went back into the living room.

"Thank you for offering to drive me." I smiled.

"Your more than welcome." Gabby nodded, I locked up the front door and headed to the car with them. I was shaking a lot but I knew as soon as I had done this graduation ceremony that's it. I was officially part of the police department. Gabby drove us there and she parked up outside and we walked out slowly. I went inside and sat next to her. Matt, Hank and Adam were also there sat on the row behind us. I smiled and looked down. There was a empty seat next to me but I rested my bag on it.

"Tonight we are here to celebrate the graduation of Erin Lindsay from the police academy." Commander Crawley smiled.

"Because this amazing young girl pushed herself so hard to get here." Jay's voice came from the back of the room. I stood up and turned round bursting into tears when he come closer and hugged me.

"Your back." I smiled.

"I decided to surprise you." He laughed before kissing me. He smiled and sat down with me again, he was in his full uniform, badges and everything. He took off his cap and sat down next to me holding my hand.

"Well done." He smiled kissing my head. I was so zoned out listening to Jay I didn't realise Crawley had called me up. I very quickly went up and shook people's hands.

"Welcome to the team Detective Lindsay." She smiled. Before she could say goodbye I jumped down and hugged Jay again. Literally hugging him so tightly. I loved him so much and coming back 2 months earlier was the best thing he could of done. I really needed him and I couldn't believe he was finally here. We all headed back to our apartment as Gabby was throwing party.

*

"I have missed you." I smiled hugging her again.

"I bloody love you." She kissed me. I just took a few moments to appreciate the beauty stood in front of me. Her eyes fixed on me, a smile on her face. Then I took a look around the apartment it looked lovely, apart from the crowd of work mates and friends for this party. I was still hugging Erin as I took a proper look and saw all the photos of us that were around on shelves and stuff. She'd bought sofa covers, new cushions, furniture. It all looked different and it was so clean.