2.

"Hello? Why are you calling me? It's 6:00am." I sighed trying to whisper so I didn't wake up Gabby in the room next door.

"I need to see you like now."

"Jay? Did you not hear me? It's 6:00am?"

"Erin seriously. I'm coming round in 10."

"For god sake." I sighed as he hung up. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. The sun coming through the windows blinding me. I got out of bed and found a hoodie and some proper tracksuit bottoms to wear. Then literally before I knew it the door went. I ran out and opened it before Gabby woke up. I pulled Jay in and closed the door quietly.

"What's the emergency?"

"Do you love me because I love you?" He smiled out of breath, it was clear he had literally ran here.

"I do love you. We've been 'Dating' for like 3 weeks. But yes I love you." I sighed.

"Well would you still love me if I wasn't around much."

"What do you mean?"

"Erin listen to me very carefully. I didn't tell you everything. I'm in the army. I'm in the rangers. I was off when we first met. Now I'm leaving again. I'm leaving in 2 hours. I needed to tell you because I didn't tell you but I want to know you still love me. Even if you won't see me for months at a time? So please talk to me." He whispered, I could feel the tears prickling my eyes.

"I love you. I'm going to love you no matter how many miles away you are." I smiled.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously." I kissed him again.

"I need to go and finish packing but I'll pick you up at 8 and you can come see me off?"

"Of course." I kissed a final time before he left. I sat on the sofa staring out the window. Gabby come in and yawned.

"Morning." She smiled.

"Morning." I nodded.

"Do you want a lift anywhere this morning? I'm going to work." She made us both a cup of coffee.

"No I'm okay thank you. I think I'm going out with Jay."

"Oh okay awesome."

"Yeah we're going to spend some time together."

"Before he goes back?" She smiled.

"How do you know?"

"I've known him for ages. I know he's with the rangers. He didn't know how to tell you."

"Oh okay. Well yeah I'm going to go and see him before he leaves." I smiled. I took the coffee and she went back into her room to get dressed. I continued to watch out the window because I wasn't too sure I could deal with Jay going away. Knowing his life was on the line. I think I liked it better before he told me his job. By the time I had finished procrastinating Gabby was leaving for work and Jay had text me telling me he was outside. I quickly changed into a plain top and a leather jacket with some jeans. I locked up and ran down.

*
"Are you sure your okay seeing me off?" I smiled.

"Jay. Shut up and drive." She laughed. I started driving. I could see her looking at me.

"What's up?"

"Well you look so different."

"I've had my hair cut this morning. Like shaved low and I'm wearing my 'slacks' I guess that's why." I laughed. She nodded and looked out her window. I rested my hand gently on her knee and she held my hand. I could feel us both shaking. Eventually after a short drive for 30 minutes we arrived at the airport. We got out the car and she helped me get my 2 bags out of the boot. I held her hand and smiled.

"I'm coming in with you." She smiled.

*

I smiled as we began slowly walking in.

"All the other lads should be in there too so don't feel scared or anything. Just be yourself, they don't know about you but honestly it'll be okay." He smiled.

"Oh right okay." I nodded, he checked in and I followed him through to the departures longue. There was a load of other guys sat and stood around wearing the same clothes as Jay. I smiled tearfully as we put our bags down. I hugged him, resting my head against his chest. I did begin to cry.

"Come on Erin. I'll be back soon." He kissed my head, leaving his lips pressed gently against my forehead.

"When will you be back?"

"In 6 months time."

"6 months? Are you kidding me."

"Erin the more you think of it the harder it'll be. Let me go." He sighed.

"Fine. I'll see you in 6 months then partner." I laughed tearfully.

"See ya partner." He smiled kissing me again before I stepped back, he picked his bag up and went off to the others. I took a few deep breaths as he watched me turn away.

*
"Erin?" I called, she turned to me and smiled.

"What's up?"

"Go home and rest up." I threw my apartment keys to her. "Go home."

"Home?"

"Welcome home." I smiled. I dropped my bag and she come running to me and jumped up as I hugged her. I had my hands under her legs as the way she jumped up was so awkward. I laughed and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Did you ask me to move in with you?" She smiled.

"I think I did? But seriously Erin I need to go. Let go of me and go home. I'll see you in 6 months." I kissed her again before putting her down. She smiled and I grabbed my bags and headed off with the others. Waving to her as I went through the final door. She slowly disappeared into the distance.

*
I headed back to his apartment, parking our new car outside the block in the small carpark. I smiled as I locked at my keys and unlocked the door. The smell of new cleaned fresh wooden floor hit me, alpine fresh house cleaner spray. I looked around and honestly it was lovely, a nice kitchen, a big double bed bedroom and a bathroom. The living room was massive, a TV and everything. I went into the bedroom and sat down on the edge of the bed. I had a massive smile on my face. Finally I could be happy.