"Are..you okay?" I coughed grabbing my throat as it was so sore.

"I'm going to sit you up and give you some water." She smiled sitting the bed up. She bought a glass of water up to my mouth and I took a small sip from the straw. When she put it down and sat on the edge of the bed I reached out for her hand.

"What did they do to me?"

"That's what I'm here to explain." Ethan smiled coming in and standing at the end of the bed. Erin grabbed my hand and held it tightly when I got some pain in my thigh on my left leg.

"Oh my god. The pain in my leg. It's horrific. What's causing that?"

"Can you give him 2mg of morphine please? Just a slow drip into his fluids for his leg please?" He nodded to April.

"So what's going on?" I sighed as Erin wiped a tear away from my eye.

"Jay when you were crushed it was a case of leaving you there or getting you out. To save your life we had to take away something. So we've attempted your leg from above the knee."

"Oh my god.." I got out as I caught my breath. Erin grabbed both my hands and rubbed them gently. I bit my lip as I held my breath to stop myself from crying.

"You will be able to walk again and live as normal but you will need intense physio to begin with. When you do finally go home you will be allowed to go home in a wheelchair and you will have a prosethic leg if you wish." He smiled. "For now I'll leave you do it so you can take time to relax and be with your wife." He smiled before leaving.

**

He even pushed himself away from me. He let go of my hands and just stared into the distance.

"Erin do me a favour? Lift off the blanket and show me my leg." He sighed.

"Jay the surgery was only done 6 hours ago, it's going to be swollen, puffy and red. It'll better in a few days so can't you wait."

"No I want to see it now." He sighed looking at me.

"Fine." I lifted the blanket off his leg and it was bandanged up around where the top of his knee cap would be and his thigh was red, puffy and scarring. He just looked at it and I put the blanket back on over it for him because I knew he was getting upset.

"I'm sorry.." He just looked down and closed his eyes.

"Don't do this. Try and get some sleep while you are on the morphine still." I smiled sitting in the armchair as he held my hand again. It was strange seeing him this weak and vulnerable, I mean he'd been through a lot. He's had physio like 5 times already but I guess this time was when it got really serious because he's actually had his leg amputated. I knew this was going to be hard on him because I feel like he's going be emotionally and mentally exhausted. He's going to be learning to walk again, helping me with 2 children and trying to look after me during the pregnancy. He's just the type of person to not give up even through the hard times. Bt I think this time he needed to shut up, rest and let me take the control of the situation so I can look after him. He knew that and now he just needed to learn that and understand me. He did eventually fall asleep which gave me chance to sit and think over everything. I sat there as tears fell from my eyes. I held my little bump and thought of pip.

"Daddy will still be able to help you. He'll be walking with you as you get older. Don't you worry about anything.." I smiled just looking down.

"He will be walking before you are born." Jay's voice smiled as her held my hand.

"You need to take it easy."

"Yeah I will but we will have a baby to look after so I'll be walking." He smiled.