The emo girl and the YouTube sensation [aftermath]

Chapter 24

Alex's POV

I screamed as I watched the love of my life fly through the air, hit the windshield of the car and go rolling off the top, landing behind it as the car sped off. I scrambled off the floor and ran towards my fiancée that was on the heap all over the ground. His head had busted and blood was pouring out. I frantically watched him slowly but unsteadily breathing. And I watched as his eyes rolled into the back of his head...

Screaming, I held him in my arms. "Help, somebody help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as a crowd began to form. "Somebody! Anybody! Don't just stand there! Help! Please! Help!" I kept yelling at the bystanders. They all scrambled for their phones and called the ambulance. "Don't leave me." I whispered to Zach, shaking because of the cold winter night.

A drop. A single drop of snow fell on his forehead. Looking up, I prayed, to anybody, anything. I didn't know if there was a God but I prayed. To God, Allah, Buddha and Ginesh, asking them to help Zach; asking them not to take Zach away from me. He cannot leave me. He is too young. Our lives are ahead of us. I would never forgive me if he left me.

I didn't even realize the ambulance had arrived until someone try to pry Zach out of my hands. But I wouldn't let them. I fought the person trying to take Zach away from me. Someone tried to pick me up but I stood my ground. I felt my brother's warm hands absorb me and lift me off the ground. "Get the fuck off me!" I screamed kicking the air as he separated me from Zach. "Don't let them take him!" I yelled at him as he kept walking away.

He finally let go of me and I fell in a heap onto the ground, closed my eyes and just cried. I just cried. I cuddled myself into a ball and cried my heart out. I felt my dad's warm body consume me into a big hug. I sniffed his familiar scent as he rocked me back and forth like I was his baby girl. I put my arms around my dad's neck and just cried into his shoulder. I sobbed harder and harder and he began shushing me.

I opened my eyes and looked up to crowd who was either watching me or Zach. But the one face that caught my attention the most was the person who decided to come back in my life and ruin it. The person who ruined my day. The person whose fault this whole situation is. The son of a bitch. The most evil person in my life.

Looking at him is like when a bull sees red. I let go of my dad and pushed him away. I got up off the floor and walked up to him. I looked him squarely in the eye and I swung back and punched him in the jaw. He flew onto the floor and straddled him. "You. Son. Of. A. Bitch." I hissed and with every word I greeted his face with a punch. I kept punching and punching until I was lifted off the ground once more by my brother.

"Alex, he's not worth it." He whispered into my ear. "Now, you're going to go into the ambulance and drive with them to the hospital with Zach, understand?" he bossed but I didn't have the energy to talk back so I just walked up the door where the putting Zach into the back when I was stopped.

"Excuse me miss. Who are you?" a nurse with a bit too much attitude asked me and I just looked up at her with my coldest expression.

"I'm Alex Russo." I said through gritted teeth. "Who. The Fuck. Are. You?" I spat out those words with enough venom to get her shaking.

"I-I I'm the nurse." she stuttered out.

"Well, the nurse." I said. "That's my fiancée they are about to carry off and I would like to be on that ambulance with him when they do. So unless you want to be the next one getting strapped into one, I suppose you let me through, Got it?" she nodded shaking and let me climb into it and slamming the door behind me.

I sat at the top near Zach's head and watched his face as the ambulance moved with the traffic. I gasped every time we went over a bump in the road, caring about Zach's safety. I grabbed his hand when they tried to take him in and ran when they ran to the emergency room. I brushed his bloody hair out of his face. The doctors pulled me away from him when they took him into an operating room.