Chapter 97

The sun was blazing through the clear window panes as Lizzie and Joel woke up to Meri sleeping on the soft carpet and Buddy stealing most of the bed.

L= What time is it?

J= Hmmm half 10. We should get up

*Beep*

Lizzie checks her phone and has a message from Yammy:

Y= Hey Liz! Kyle and I are going for a picnic in the fields as it's gonna be boiling today, want come with your new dog and Joel with us? It'll be good company!

Lizzie tells Joel and they agree to go. They breeze downstairs and start preparing food to take: Sandwiches, cheese and pineapple sticks, some treats for Meri etc. Lizzie asks Yammy what time it'll be and she replies with 12, the time was 11:30.

L= JOEL! WE HAVE HALF AN HOUR!

They rush upstairs and get ready. Lizzie puts on some cute shorts with a thin-strapped top. She puts her hair in two french plaits and doesn't put on any makeup. Joel wears shorts and a plain top. They put Meri on the pink lead and start walking to the fields, Joel holding the picnic basket.

They see Yammy and Kyle sitting on a picnic cloth, fresh lime-grass surrounding them. To their surprsie, they see Dante, running about in the grass picking daises.

L= Hey Yammy! You brought Dante! Hey little one!

Dante= I'm not lickle!

L= 6 is quite little to me! (Giggles)

They all dig into their feast, talking about random stuff. Meri starts playing with Dante, running circles around him. Meri quickly runs down a hill and towards a lake while Dante follows.

J= Where's Dante going?

K= Down the hill, he should be fine.

Y= So Lizzie, are you posting on YouTube, your followers are getting worried about you in the comments, bless them.

L= Yeah might upload tonight-

SPLASH

Y= DANTE!!!!!

The four run down the hill to see Meri doggy-paddling against the river's current. Dante in no where to be seen.

Y= DANTE!!! (shouts)

Joel and Kyle immediately jump into the murky river and dive under the harsh currents. Their heads pop up and look very concerned.

L= Where is he? (wobbly voice)

Y= WHERE'S DANTE!!???

Joel and Kyle bop back under and search for Dante, though it's hard to see past the dirty colour of the river. They find themselves being pushed back every time they try and swim forward, the currents are too strong.

Lizzie sees something about 30 meters down the river...

L= THERE!!

His body is floating along with the current on top of the water.

Y= DANTE! (screams)

Joel and Kyle climb out and run further down the river with Lizzie and Yammy. Kyle manages to grab Dante's body.

K= Dante?

J= He's not breathing!

Kyle starts performing CPR and finally Dante starts breathing, water splurting from his mouth.

Y= (grabs Dante and hugs him)

Dante= That was fun!

Y= Don't do that again! (Sighs in relief)

They go back to the picnic and chat and laugh, while Meri keeps fetching sticks they throw. It was a perfect afternoon. Almost.

(A/n Sorry for the short chapter. Hope you look forward to the next one!)