Chapter 68

A massive puddle stood before her. It looked deeper than a dark-blue ocean, that if you looked down, would put you into a deep, sorrowful depression. Grey clouds would haunt you daily, and your mind would be stuck in a pit of despair and confusion... Lizzie bravely put one foot forward and fell through the puddle. Her face turned as pale as a ghost in a spooky house on a stormy night. She fell through time, through her life. Memories were crushed every second, and turned to ash right before her eyes. Her whole body felt like it was getting attacked every moment, and the force was slowly killing her. She felt crushed, she couldn't breathe- Lizzie was falling through a tunnel of darkness, as dark as a galaxy with every star removed from existence. Her racing mind couldn't take it. The coral- blue flash in her eyes turned to a droopy grey of nothingness. Her body fell unconscious. Suddenly, a spark of light hit her helpless body. A voice persuaded her to float upwards, and she felt the warm light flood her system...

Lizzie took a massive breath as her body shot straight up. Joel was right by her, sweat dripping down his face like a raindrop falling down a glass windowpane. He pulled Lizzie into a hug, which lasted a couple of minutes.

J= LIZZIE YOU SCARED ME (tears down face)

L= Joel?

J= You were dead! You weren't breathing! You weren't moving!!

L= (slower breathing) How long?

J= 5 HOURS! I found you 'asleep' next to me at 9am, but you weren't waking up or anything so I checked your pulse and I couldn't feel or hear anything! You scared me! Lizzie don't do that again!!! (hugs again and tears of exhaustion run down his worn-out face)

L= I was dreaming.

J= You were dead Lizzie!

L= I stepped into a puddle. It looked strange, like it was deeper than an ocean, more than that. I stepped into it and it was like the life was sucked out of me. 

J= While you were asleep you stepped into a puddle?

L= Yeah. I don't think this is a coincidence. Believe me now?

J= This is more than it coming to life. It happened when you were dreaming. 

The pair looked at each other, and questioned their thoughts. 

L= Maybe it's a warning?

J= For what?

L= Well.. The night before last night, I had a dream about the plane we'll go on for the holiday- it was crashin-

Suddenly, Joel's phone beeps loudly. 

J= That's a text from Jemma by the looks of it..

Jem= Heyyy babe, wanna come mine?

Lizzie stares at the text.

L= Are you going out with Jemma? (gasps)

J= No.. She texts me this loads. 

Joel replies:

J= Leave me alone Jemma. I'm going out with Lizzie not you. 

L= She seriously needs to back away.

J= Yup. Maybe we should go back to school.  I can't keep pretending to be sick. 

L= I can go back but I don't want to carry on with school. 

J= You just have to survive the rest of this year! Hang on..

Joel calls up the school. 

J= Hey, I don't want to carry on with my A Levels-

L= Joel!!

J= -and have chosen a career that I'm happy with. I hope you understand. Really? Yes I'll tell her she can come back now. Bye now!

L= Joel why did you do that?? 

J= No more Jemma for me. And the headmaster said I could visit anytime I wanted! 

L= What career did you choose exactly?

J= YouTube!

L= Really....?

J= I have loads of followers. I bet you do too. Maybe you should upload? 

L= I would but I can't stop thinking about-

J= I've re-arranged the holiday so that we are going tomorrow night. 

L= Really? Awh I'm excited (thinks about the dream)

J= It's a luxury holiday that will take your mind off of everything. If you have another death- involving dream, I'm calling it off. 

L= Joel!

J= It's for the best. (kisses) I love you.

L= Love you too 

Lizzie dreaded the holiday. She felt bad for feeling this way, but it was the truth. What if her dream came to life about the plane? Should she tell Joel?