Chapter 35

Joel's POV

Joel heart is rushing as he reads the article. He didn't want to go to jail at 16!

Suddenly, Lizzie noticed something.

L= Guy's, it's by someone named Jem.... Jemma! I can't believe we fell for that!

J= Phew, my heart was racing.

M= Jeez, she's even lower than I was, and to be honest, I was quite low. Anyway, I got to go. Lizzie, we cool?

L= Yes.

M= Bye

L+J= Bye

J= Sooo just you and me.

L= Yep. I'm gonna be so stressed with everyone at school tomorrow. I'm dreading life.

J= Well we have tonight. We can just forget about everything for one. (Smiles kindly)

L= Yea. Wanna watch some films? With pizza?

J= Yea, I'll get the coke!

L= Perfect (smiles)

The two of them sit on Joel's couch, Joel in pajama bottoms and Lizzie in a dressing gown. They snuggle up to each other and watch many movies. They decide to watch a romance film.

J= (Kisses Lizzie's head)

L= (smiles and kisses)

(A/n Ik, I'm cringing too, but I have to do this for the story XD)

At 10pm, Joel carries Lizzie upstairs and she runs her fingers through his hair. They go to the bedroom, and you know what happens next..... (A/n hint, they don't go to sleep lmao)

The sun rises, bright and early in the morning, and birds were singing merrily outside. This morning was a rare one, especially in the winter season. Lizzie and Joel wake up and are laying next to each other.

L= Well that happened last night (giggles)

(A/n ahhhh)

J= Yep. Now we are ready to face the dreaded... School.

L= What time is it?

J= 7, we have time.

L= Don't you ever feel like not doing anything, just feeling exhausted of everything?

J= Ye, I suppose. Right, I'm going to get some clothes, then make us some toast!

L= Can I have just butter? (Smiles)

J= Only if you say-

L= Please!

J= Yes, ma'am. (Sniggers)

Lizzie smiles and lies in bed. Thoughts wizz in her mind... How did she get here? How did she survive? Mentally and physically. Lizzie thinks about how she was born with a mentally ill sister, how it ruined her life. How her 'friends' thought she was a creep because of Maddie. How her parents got divorced, and her mum kept Maddie. How she made best friends, and then worst enemies. How she moved on to high school, in a feud with Mia, being hated by Joel, betrayed by friends, sick of life, nearly dying... Multiple times! Joel saving her, Joel always being there for her, Lizzie drowning and coming back to life, everyone thinking she was dead, Joel and Lizzie loving each other so much, all leading to this moment.

What was Lizzie's next move? To move to another country, changing her name and chancing her whole life? Or facing everyone, facing the fact she lied about being dead, the fact that people will hate her...

J= YOUR TOAST IS READY MADAM!

Lizzie springs back to reality, and rushes downstairs, with her dressing gown wrapped around her. The two sit at the table and start talking.

J= Do you know what day it is in a couple of days?

L= No.... Wait.. Let me guess... Your birthday!! Wooooo

J= Yep! But I don't know what to do for it.

L= Pub?

J= No. We need a massive party. The whole school invited.

L= That isn't a very good idea...

J= Sure it is! After we get everyone to forgive us, we will have a blast.

L= (Looks upset) you sure?

J= Yep!

L= (thinks to self) I don't have a good idea about this......