Chapter 3

Lizzie's POV

Lizzie walks to class with her friends and sees Joel in the same class! She  suddenly feels bad for being mean.

Teacher= A slip of paper is on each desk with names on them. Find your name and stand behind your chair quietly please.

Lizzie finds her name at the back and is shocked to see that Joel's name is right next to hers!

J= (grunts)

L= (feels even worse)

Teacher= Sit down please.

Lizzie and Joel sit down but their hands meet as they did so. They both feel awkward.

J= Urh

L= Sorry

J= Yeah you better be

L= (realizes his joke and giggles)

Teacher= SHHH

Teacher= Welcome to Maths class. Get your books out and complete the equations on the board. Also, we have a new student, Joel. Make him welcome.

J= Ye right (whispers)

L= (finishes equations) (stares at Joel as he works through the sums)

J= (notices her staring and feels uncomfortable)

L= (thinks in mind) I suppose he is kind when he wants to be, I should get to know him.

L= (out loud) So do you like it here?

Teacher= ELIZABETH you should know better. Detention for speaking out in class when told not to.

J= (whispers) not really

Teacher= One for you as well Joel.

J= (gulps and looks upset)

L= Sorry (whispers very very quietly)

J= (no reply)

Class ends after an hour and they walk out.

J= Thanks for getting me in detention in my first day. Not

L= (gets annoyed at him and thinks like Yammy) (A/n again no hate to Yammy x)

L= You shouldn't have replied then loser

J= (walks away in anger)

Yammy walks up behind Lizzie feeling proud.

Y= Yasss queen (high fives)

L= (forces a grin but feels bad again)

Y= I thought you liked him but ya know

L= (no reply and walks off to next lesson)

Joel's POV

Joel walks to his first lesson EVER at this school and sees Lizzie in his class.

J= (sighs)

He listens to the teacher and finds that his name is next to the popular girl's. He sees that her name is Elizabeth.

J= (thinks to self) pretty name but why her

Joel sits down, and touches her hand accidentally. He feels a sudden rush of nerves.

(A/n I am not gonna repeat the whole thing in his perspective)

L= So, do you like it here?

J= (grits teeth, wanting her to not talk to him) (sees that Lizzie is given a detention and can't help but feel bad)
(He replies and gets himself a detention. His feelings change and he feels angry at her)

After class

J= First lesson, one detention. Greaaaaat.

Thanks for reading <33 I made this chapter a bit longer to fit their perspectives in. Hope you liked it x