Tearing his eyes away, he looked to the floor.

"You were still alive. I just found you." He lied. Kylo was not able to bring himself to admit it out loud. He had channeled the light side of the force to save her.

Rey did not believe this to be true. In fact, she felt for sure that it was not.

Letting the lie go, for fear that he would get angry, Rey glanced around the room as she wondered if everyone else was okay.

"There were...causalities." He answered, peering into her mind as he watched her intently, and for once she was not able to object, feeling all too weak.

Her eyes met his, and for a moment Kylo seemed as though he was bracing for a fight, but when he felt the sadness wash over Rey, his anxiousness melted away.

He was... He was feeling sorrow for her...

With a loud growl, Kylo stood and moved his chair next to the bed, sitting more comfortably now that he was near Rey.

His sudden frustration made Rey jump, and she was not able to decide if her heart stopped because he was angry with her, or if it was because he was much closer to her now.

"Causalities are a part of war. These people, these rebellious, law breaking thieves and traitors? They will fall in this battle. They are part of your past." He told her, urgency seeping in his voice.

Rey stared into his dark eyes, surprised to find out that she did not have to probe the force to feel that he was unsteady in his own emotions. She knew coming here was a very big decision for him, and Rey wondered what it meant for him when it came to the light and dark side of Ben Solo.

"You're trying to convince me of something you're unsure of ... Ben, what happened?" she softly inquired. His eyes widened, his face softened. He was caught...

Kylo blinked, his breathing growing heavier. He was not sure what he expected, but after the nights events, he knew for sure he did not want to fall to this light, to Rey. His hands began to moisten with sweat, his heart beat pounding in his chest.

Shaking his head to rid himself of whatever emotion was being brought upon him, Kylo stood and went to the medicine cabinet across the room, grabbing a medical syringe that carried a pain relieving sedative. Ontop of everything else, she was easily ignoring the pain she was in, but he could feel every inch of it.

'Whatever happened, only made her stronger...' he thought, almost worryingly.

Turning back to her, Kylo slowly made his way to the bed, feeling Rey's eyes following him.

"What is that?" she asked.

"For the pain. My mo-...Leia left it. It'll put you to sleep, but your body will heal faster." He said, his own gaze staring down at the needle in his hand. Kylo glanced up to her, and she seemed unfazed. He thought about giving her the needle so she could apply it herself, but decided against it since she was still quite weak.

Clearing his throat, he walked to her other side, gently and awkwardly lifting her wrist and facing it upwards. A jolt rocked through them both at the touch, yet both chose not to mention it. Kylo noted how soft her skin was, and Rey thought of nothing else but the warmth of his large hand cradling her wrist.

Pushing the needle in, he slowly let the clear liquid empty itself into her, watching intently.

Her eyes studying Kylo, Rey could not believe that she lay in this bed now, the dark ruler of the galaxy first having saved her, and now, was taking care of her.