"Yes, she does." Jake clapped.

"What effect will you have on my body? I have seen what a demon can do to a body" I said calmly looking directly at Ariel ignoring Carter's eye rolls and hand gestures.

"The damage a vessel takes on from an angel depends on the individual person. I would not have chosen you if I thought you were weak and couldn't handle this. Ebony Summers, you were made for this. I know you feel it as well. Together, we are unstoppable and we can defeat our common enemy. I assure you, you have my word that I will not leave any damage to you when I leave. That is not my purpose." Ariel bowed his head at me. "I will protect you."

"You understand Ariel, that if you do hurt me you will have Carter hunting you down for the rest of eternity."

"Yes, you will," Carter said not taking his eyes off Ariel.

"I do." Ariel ignored Carter and his growling.

"Do you still choose me to be your vessel knowing this?"

Ariel moved his eyes to Carter with no expression on his face. "I do." He said in Carter's face.

"Then I accept," I said crossing my arms over my chest. 

"She accepts the angel. Hallelujah!" Jake raised his hands to the sky dramatically.

"Ebony, if you do this there is no going back," Carter said sternly. "You don't need to do this,"

"I understand that, but I want to. I have been chosen Carter for something bigger than both of us. I need you to understand this."

Carter sighed and pressed his lips together. "If you feel that you want to do this then I support you. You know what you are doing and you understand the risks." He said cracking his knuckles and walking over to me. "If this is what you want then I will not argue with you anymore."

"I know this is frustrating for you but I can do this." I smiled at him. "You need to trust me."

"I do trust you; it's the angel I have an issue with." He looked back at Ariel. "I have seen a human possessed by an angel before, Ebony. It did not end well for that poor soul."

"I'm not being possessed, Carter. That's the difference."

"I know that, but I fear the result will be the same. Taking on an angel is almost certain death."

"You just took on an angel and survived." I grinned at him.

"Not the same thing and you know it." He smiled kissing the tip of my nose. "I just worry about you."

"Carter, I can do this. I felt it when I first connected with him and I feel it now. I know the risks but I am strong and I will be ok." I wrapped my arms around him. "We fight together like we always have."

"You stay close to Jacob or myself at all times. I want one of us there is something was to happen." Carter closed his eyes and paused for just a second. "I need you to do me a favor if the time comes, sunshine."

"What favor?"

"If the darkness was to leave my brother and become a part of me at any stage during this fight, I need you to be strong enough to kill me."

"Carter, don't say that." I looked away avoiding his eyes.

"You need to be ready for anything and I need to know that you be will strong enough to take me down. I do not want to live like that again, I would rather die. Can I trust you to do this?"

"It's not going to happen." I shook my head.

"Ebony, if you cannot do this then I will ask the angel who will have no problem taking me down. I don't want this either but we have to be prepared for anything."