4.

"Humans go to the back of the plane," Jake snarled as we boarded the Midnight Industries private jet. "They don't talk either."

"Jacob, that is enough, thank you. She is my guest, and I will not allow you to talk to her like that." Mr Morgan growled at Jake as he walked toward us in his perfectly fitted black suit. "I do apologize, Miss Summers. Jacob tends to speak his mind before he thinks things through."

"That's okay, so do I. I'm sure we will be lifelong best friends by the end of the trip." I smiled sweetly at Jake.

"I don't socialize with food." Jake didn't finish that sentence because Mr Morgan was whispering in his ear as Jake glared at me. "Fine." he sneered at me and walked to the front of the plane. "Damn humans thinking they can..." He mumbled to himself as he walked away.

"I'm sorry about that. Please have a seat. Are you thirsty? We have water, soft drink, beer, and champagne." Mr Morgan said, taking off his jacket and resting it on the leather seat beside him.

"Water, please. Do vampires drink normal stuff?"

He smiled. "We can ingest it, yes, but it does not taste the same as it might to you." he handed me a bottle of costly-looking water.

"What does it taste like?" I said, taking a sip.

"Well, I imagine that it might taste how blood tastes to you, only we have a stronger stomach and tend not to react like a human would, no offence,"

"You mean you don't gag?" I smiled, imagining him gagging on a bottle of water.

"Precisely. Would you mind if I drank some blood? It has been a long morning, and I'm not feeling myself."

"Is it going to be drained from a human?"

"No, I'm not an animal, Miss Summers." he pulled a bottle of red liquid from the refrigerator. "Does this offend you?"

"No," I said, looking slightly away. I didn't want him to think that it did offend me. I did not want to upset my new vampire boss right now.

"Did you email my meeting schedule to my phone?" He changed the subject and sat on the chair opposite me.

"Yes, and I received an urgent message about your dinner tonight. I forwarded it with a flag so you didn't miss it."

"Boss, we need to make a stop in France. We found him." Jake walked in from the cockpit, grinning like a schoolboy who was about to eat cake.

"You found him?" Mr Morgan stood up and suddenly seemed to look slightly bigger than he did before.

"He's in some brothel in the city. The boys are keeping him there until you arrive. Fucker actually thought he could hide from me." Jake laughed low in the back of his throat; it sounded horrifying.

"This pleases me greatly. Thank you, Jacob." Mr Morgan touched the dark stubble on his chin and smiled slightly, pleased with this latest information.

"We will be there in a few hours. What do you want me to do with that?" Jake's eyes were on me, and he shook his head in disgust.

"I will look after Miss Summers, thank you. Will you please excuse me? I need to make a call." he turned and walked to the back of the plane and out of sight.

Jake's cold eyes were still on me, and he wasn't moving or breathing, just staring at me through his blonde hair.

"Can I help you?" I said, feeling very uncomfortable.

"You can do nothing for me." Jake snapped, still staring at me.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate. Hate requires some sort of emotion," He growled before turning away from me and walking to the cockpit. "I pity you."

Jerk off.

"Sorry about that. Now, where were we?" Mr Morgan was suddenly sitting in the chair in front of me again.

"Oh, your meeting for tomorrow morning has been changed to two pm, and his assistant said something about his boss's food not agreeing with him." I shrugged. Mr Morgan just smiled and nodded as though he knew what that meant. "And some lady named Genevieve called and said she would be waiting for you in the usual spot."

"She did?" He looked genuinely surprised to hear my words. "Did she say anything else?"

"Only she was in town for one night and wanted to see you. She called me twice to tell me that." I pressed my lips together, staring at his handsome face, but I couldn't read his thoughts as he stared at me like he always does. It must be a vampire thing.

"Do you need me to call her back?" I said, breaking the silence.

"No, no, that's fine, Miss Summers. Thank you." he drank from his bottle of blood and then placed it on the table beside him. "I will deal with that. Now, I suggest you get some rest as it will be a long night for all of us. There is a bed in the back of the plane. Feel free to use it." he cleared his throat as he adjusted his tailored blue shirt.

"Oh? Okay, you don't need anything else?" Is he trying to get rid of me?

"No, I must make a few calls, so I suggest you use this time to get some rest. The time adjustment may be hard on you, and I need you to be at your best game. If you need anything, just let Jacob know, and he will assist you." Mr Morgan said, standing up again and reaching for his phone.

"I'll be fine, thank you. If you need me, just let me know."

"Thank you, enjoy your rest." he smiled, walked to the front of the plane, and closed the cockpit door.

I sat alone on the plane, lost in my thoughts. What is happening right now? What am I even doing here? All these thoughts crept into my mind as I looked around nervously. It's okay. This sort of stuff must happen every day. Just breathe. They've been gone a while. I wonder what they are doing. It must be a vampire meeting or something. I can't hear them. Why can't I hear them? Are they still in there? Holy shit, are they going to jump out and leave me here? Are they going to eat me? Am I the mid-flight entertainment? Oh god, I'm going to die! No, calm down. You're overthinking everything. Calm down, breathe. If he wanted you dead, he would have killed you already. Or is he just playing with me? All these horrible thoughts ran through my head as I looked around the plane. Why is he being so nice to me? Why was he so mean when I first met him? And what the hell is Jake's problem? What am I even doing here? Do you know what you are doing here? You are stupid. That's right, Jake is right. You are stupid. Why the hell didn't you run when you had the chance? Anybody else would have run straight to the police or Batman. I don't know. Wait, could Batman even defeat a vampire? What if they turned Batman into a vampire? That would be kind of awesome. I AM VAMPIRE BATMAN!

This was the crap running through my anxiety-ridden head as I travelled around the world in a plane with vampires.

"What are you doing? Boss told you to go to the back of the plane." I heard Jake snap at me from behind, making me jump awkwardly. I must have looked ridiculous at that moment as I took big breaths and held onto my chest. "What is wrong with you? Are you dying right now? Holy shit, are you dying on this plane? This is working out better than I thought."

"Are you going hurt me? Was that the plan all along? You are going to kill me. That's what vampires do?"

"You're just thinking of this now?" He said, looking amused. "Shouldn't you have thought of this before you got on the plane with vampires?" He smirked.

"So, you are? And hindsight is twenty/twenty." I stuttered out, taking deep breaths.

"If anyone wanted to hurt you, human, you would be dead. We are not known for our patience and understanding. For some reason, boss hired you to do a job, so I suggest you do it." Jake said very slowly in my face.

"So, you're not going to jump out of the plane and leave me here to die?"

Jake laughed. "Damn it. I should have thought of that. Wait until I see Vinnie. He is going to laugh his fucken ass off. Jump out of a plane? What the actual fuck?" he turned around and walked away, laughing to himself. "Rest now. Work later. Last warning," he said sharply, closing the cockpit door behind him.

This time I didn't argue. I didn't have the strength to argue. I just curled up in my chair with my jacket as a blanket and fell asleep.