18.

"I missed you so much," I said between his soft kisses.

"I was worried about you, my Sunshine. I'm so glad you're here," Carter smiled, and my heart swelled as his eyes turned silver.

"You know I'm Callan's pet, right?" I said, sitting up on his waist.

Carter laughed so hard he almost fell over backward. "Oh god, I've missed laughing. You always make me laugh."

"It's not funny. He told me to sit," I tried to stop myself from laughing.

"I might have to adopt you," he said, kissing my nose and smiling. "You can sleep in my bed and everything." he winked.

"Hey, boss. Did Ebony tell you the news?" Jake said, walking towards us. I climbed off Carter as I knew what was coming.

"That she is my son's pet?" Carter chuckled. "We will have to get you a diamond collar, my beautiful girl," he touched my face.

"That's not the news, Carter," I said, touching his hand on my face.

"What's wrong, sweetheart? You look like you've seen a ghost." Carter pulled me into his side and held me tightly. "Are you hurt? Did something happen to you? I'll kill them. Who was it?" He yelled.

"Carter, we have some news about Genevieve," I held his big cold hand.

"Genevieve?" He said, looking very confused. "I don't understand?"

I looked over at Jake and Callan; they just nodded.

"When we were walking to the portal in the woods, Leon followed us. The boys say he is now in wolf form, and I could hear him howling. He chased us through the woods ...."

"He knows you're here?"

"Yes, but that's not what we need to tell you. Carter." I took a deep breath. "Jake saw Genevieve in the woods, and she was with Leon."

Carter's face dropped, and his eyes turned blood red as he slowly turned toward Jake. "Explain, now," he said through gritted teeth.

"I swear, boss. It was her. I got cornered at the portal by Leon, and I hid in an old fallen tree. I saw her standing with him, yelling at him, and she looked mad."

"Are you telling me that bitch is still fucken alive?" Carter yelled as his hand squeezed me tighter.

"That's what I saw, boss," Jake shrugged, looking somewhat cautious of a furious-looking Carter.

"Why would she want me dead?" Carter said slowly.

"I don't know, but she is definitely alive, boss. I'm telling the truth. You find Leon, you find her." Jake said.

"When I find her, I'm going to going to kill her," Carter growled, clenching his fits.

"Um, considering you're looking at the death penalty right now because of her death, it's probably not the best idea to kill her," Callan said calmly. "She lied to me as well, Father, but we need to do this right."

Carter stared at his son and then looked away. "I apologize, Callan. I shouldn't talk like that in front of you."

"No, it's fine. She's a lying bitch who used me to manipulate you all my life, so it's cool. I want this done right." Callan said, giving a sly smile.

"Then I need to contact the council and give them this information and hope they give me some time to find her. My trial is on Monday, and the way things are going, I won't be around much longer," Carter said, kissing the top of my head. "Come inside, all of you. We have a lot to discuss." He pointed towards the castle behind him.