39

"The time has finally come," Leon said, squeezing my throat. "Who would have thought the little wolf that was tortured and left for dead by my brother would end up being his one true love? It's actually quite disturbing when you think about it," Leon said calmly in my ear. I could feel his stubble rubbing against my cheek as he held me against his chest. "But it does mean I now get to end you as my coward brother should have all those years ago, and now he gets to watch me do it," he growled with pleasure.

"Please don't hurt me," I used my 'I'm so weak and innocent' voice on him. "I'll do anything you want. Just please don't hurt me." I gasped at the end of that sentence to give it more of an 'I'm terrified' vibe.

"Hurt you?" Leon pulled my head backward by pulling my hair sharply and stared into my eyes. "Baby girl, I'm going to rip you limb from limb and then put you back together so that I can do it all again. You are going to be begging me just to hurt you, trust me," he said slyly, right in my face. His eyes glowed yellow as they trailed over me. He was clearly enjoying this moment way too much for my liking. I was amazed at how much he looked like Carter. His dark hair, strong jawline, and physical presence were almost the exact match, but the scarring on his face and mean eyes made him nothing compared to his older brother.

"Please, I'll do anything you want. I don't want to die. Anything," I bit my lip and let a single tear fall down my cheek. I was good at this acting thing.

"You can give me nothing but the satisfaction of your death and my brother's descent into madness, which will please me greatly," Leon smiled. "But first, let me take you to your accommodation for the next few days. I'm sure you will be very comfortable there," he chuckled in the back of his throat as his eyes glowed with pleasure in the darkness. "Take the boy back to the cave," he ordered his guards. "Take her to my castle."

"Yes, sir," they answered, almost in sync.

"No, please let me go," I wailed as the guards cuffed me roughly and threw me onto the shoulder of one of them. "Don't touch me," I screamed as his hand dug into my leg.

"Move her quickly. I don't want anything to happen to her. Do you understand?" Leon yelled as I was carried away.

"Yes, sir," the guard mumbled as he quickly walked towards the cold dark woods again.

"Let me go," I yelled as the vampire guard walked quickly through the trees with me slung over his broad shoulder. "Trust me. You don't want to do this."

"What are you doing here, my pretty lady?" A familiar voice said from under me. "You shouldn't be here. It's dangerous."

"Vinnie?" I said, looking at the guard's covered-up face. "Holy shit, is that really you?"

"Of course, it's me. You know Leon is going to kill you, right?" Vinnie said, still walking.

"Maybe that's what I want." I snapped, trying to struggle out of his hold on me. Vinnie may be an idiot, but he is probably one of the strongest vampires I know, and it's a good thing he hasn't figured that out yet.

"Princess, this isn't a joke. Leon will kill you without mercy."

"Why do you care? You made your choice and left us, we were your family, and you just left us to be with them."

"Not by choice," he snapped at me.

"My brother needs my help, and I'm going to help him."

"Edward? I heard about him. I'm sorry, I honestly had no idea he was still alive."

"He needs me, and I can't let him down, not again," I felt sick thinking about my brother being trapped or in pain.

"I heard what happened with Carter and your family. That must have been a huge shock to you." Vinnie said softly.