9.

"STOP! Please stop!" I screamed as Mr Morgan again lunged at a blood-riddled Phillip, who was trying to escape his grasp. A mist of blood covered the air around me, and I covered my face with my hands and curled myself into a ball as my body froze with complete and utter fear of everything around me. The screams of terrified people in the restaurant filled my head like shards of glass, making me hold my ears and close my eyes so tight that my face hurt. "Please! Stop!" I whispered as I was too scared to make any other sound. My fear was suddenly heightened as I felt a pair of arms around me, trying to pull me away from the wall.

"Let me go," I screamed, kicking and punching the air around me. The arms around me did not budge; they just grew tighter around my body. I felt myself being pulled against a hard chest in what seemed like a second, and I flew opened my eyes with my last strain of courage and was ready to fight for my life no matter the outcome. I had to get out of here. "Get off me, you monster... Callan?" I stared into the brown eyes of Mr Morgan's son as he carried me out of the restaurant and scooped me up in his arms. "What are you doing here? How did ......? Oh god, where is Mr Morgan?" I turned to look back at the table, but the restaurant was almost empty, just some people running around looking for exits, terrified. "Where is he? What just happened?" I cried out in complete panic.

"I don't know, he called for me, and I rushed right here. Are you ok?" We were outside the restaurant now, and the cold air filled my lungs as my heart raced inside my chest.

"I'm. I'm ok, I guess." I checked myself for blood or missing limbs. "Callan, what the hell? There was so much blood and screaming, and Mr Morgan he...I can't believe that just happened. We were talking and... Wait, he called you?" I suddenly realized I was still in the arms of Callan, and I instantly clung to him like a second skin as fear took over my body once again. "Let's get out of here. I can sense danger coming again."  He took off across the road so fast that the cold wind felt like it was cutting my skin. He ran over to another street and stopped abruptly. I dug my nails into his skin as tears fell from my eyes.

"Ebony, it's ok. I will get you away from here." Callan said, not even reacting to my nails clawing at his back.

"How did you know to rescue me?" I said breathlessly, trying to calm myself down before I had a heart attack.

"My father called for me," Callan said again, looking around almost too calmly, his eyes scanning the pitch-black night for signs of danger.

"He called you. How could he call you?"

"No, he called for me. When you share a bloodline with another vampire, you can call for them when you are in danger. I guess it's kind of like an instinct or a sudden urge to be somewhere. He called for me to come here, and I found you hiding at the table. What happened?" He placed me on the sidewalk and took my hand in his. He leads me through the streets of the dark city. "My father was gone by the time I turned up." He placed me back on the ground and once again looked around in the darkness of the night like an animal sensing danger.

"That murderer, Phillip, turned up and wanted to speak to me, and Mr Morgan was furious. He had just attacked, and the next thing I saw was blood flying everywhere and Phillip wailing in pain. Callan, it was a massacre in there. I was terrified. I couldn't move." I stopped to catch my breath. "Callan, how did you get here so fast? I thought you were all at the airport?" I put my hand on my chest and took deep breaths.

"I ran." He took my hand and pulled me towards another street behind us.

"You ran?" He was walking so fast that I had to run beside him.

"I run fast," he pulled me into a dark alleyway and stood next to the wall of a huge building. I reached out and used the brick wall again to catch my breath. "Callan, where are we?"