25

Carter," I whispered as I was too scared to speak or move. This monster in front of me was terrifying. "Please, don't do this," I tried to run, but he was too fast and caught my arm instantly.

"Who are you?" He growled right in my face with complete disgust.

"I told you, it's Ebony. Carter, please don't hurt me, " I cried out, trying to pull my arm from his hand. "Why do you want to hurt me?"

"Ebony is dead. WHO ARE YOU?" Carter yelled in my face again, grabbing my throat with his hand.

"I told you," I cried. "You're not listening to me."

"How dare you insult me. I'm going to enjoy killing whatever you are." he bared his teeth to me and squeezed my neck. "I don't have time for this." He began to tilt my neck to the right in his hand slowly. "Tell me what you are, or I snap your neck with one move of my fingers," Carter growled, digging his fingers into my skin.

"Sunshine," I whispered.

His muscles tensed at my words. "What did you just say to me?"

"Sunshine, You always called me your sunshine."

"How do you know that?" He squeezed my neck tighter. "Nobody knows that, but.." he stopped talking and stared at me. "Nobody knows that but her." I tried to speak, but I couldn't as his grip around my throat was too tight. I let my tears fall down my cheek as I struggled to breathe. "How is this possible? I saw you dead. They showed me your body." I felt his grip around my throat loosen, and I gasped for air.

"Do you remember the snow? We danced in the snow when we were in Russia, and that's when I knew I was falling in love with you." I saw his eyes flicker with aqua as I spoke. "Carter, it's me."

He stared into my eyes and said nothing.

"Please, you have to believe me." I reached over to his hand, but he pulled it away, still watching me with his yellow eyes. "Carter, please,"

"They told me you were attacked by vampires and died in the forest." His eyes flickered red. "I know you're dead. I felt it. I felt her die."

"They tricked you. I'm not dead. Carter, please. You have to believe me. I'm here, looking for you in this world." I cried out. "Please, can we just go home now?"

"Stop it," he yelled, clenching his fist again.

"Don't you want to go home?" I said, sighing and looking up at him.

"Home?" He repeated.

"Home, with you and Jake. We just want to take you home."

"Me?" He repeated as his eyes flashed aqua again, and his hand dropped from my throat. "You want me?"

"Yes, you. I came to take you home. I miss you." I reached up and touched his face.

He closed his eyes and shook his head as he scrunched up his face. He growled softly before he opened up his eyes.

"You're not dead?" He whispered.

"No," I smiled.

"Home." He said softly.

"Yes, please," I placed a soft kiss on his hand.