41.

"Carter?" I gasped as I looked into the now red eyes of my beloved as he strangled me.

"How do you know my name?" Carter growled in my face tightening his grip around my throat.

"Carter, please." I managed to get my fingers in between his hand and my throat and took a deep breath of air as he was distracted by my words.

"Sorceress," he hissed, pushing me up against the cave wall. "You vile creature, I will slaughter you." Carter squeezed my neck again.

"It's me," I gasped as he stared at me with cold red eyes.

"Don't try your medieval powers on me, witch. I will kill you before your next breath." He bared his fangs at me, and I tried to scream, but I couldn't make a sound. He was far too strong for me to fight off. "You disgust me." Carter almost spat in my face and dropped me on the floor like I was a piece of rubbish in his hand. "What do you want from me, you vile creature? He yelled, pulling me onto my back as I coughed and reached for my neck. "Who do you work for? Is it my brother?"

I shook my head as I took big breaths of air.

"Liar," he pulled me up by grabbing onto my hair and lifting me to meet his angry face. "I will shred you like cabbage if you lie to me again," he hissed, throwing me back on the hard cold floor of the cave.

"No," I groaned. "Not Leon,"

"Then who was stupid enough to send you here to me?" He grabbed my face tightly. "Who do you work for?"

I took a big breath of air. "You," I gasped, "I work for you."

His face suddenly changed, and he smiled, slightly amused at my words. "You are smarter than you look, creature."

"Carter,"

"Do not call me that. How do you know my name?" He threw me down again and climbed on top of my still body. "Nobody calls me that,"

"Please, I don't understand." I cried out as tears filled my eyes. "What is happening? Why are you like this, Carter?"

He slapped my face so hard it felt like he had knocked it clean off my shoulders.

"Stop calling me that," He yelled. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't rip your head clean off right now," he said right in my face. "You are a pretty one, though, aren't you? Maybe I could use you for something else," he smiled as he touched my face.

"Why are you doing this?" I cried as I closed my eyes.

"Master, I'm hungry," the little girl said near me. "Can I eat, please?"

"Not now, Ebony. Get to your corner and stay there. I will deal with your rudeness later," Carter barked at her. "Go, now."

"Ebony?" I said, opening my eyes. "Wait, she is Ebony?"

"Yes, master," the little girl wailed as she ran off down the cave in fear. "I'm sorry, master."

"Oh no," I whispered as I suddenly realized what was happening. "Oh god, no."

"Silence," Carter roared in my face. "You never speak unless I tell you to, you disgusting creature."

"No! This can't be happening again. No." I shook my head as I felt my body start to go into complete meltdown mode. "No, please."

He pulled my face up to meet his. "I warned you," he said as he suddenly threw me against the wall. "Test me again, creature, and it will be your last words," he growled as he walked away further down the cave.

I gasped for air as I sat up and pushed my hair out of my face, my body was becoming weak, and I knew I couldn't do this much longer. "I can't be back here again. I can't."