53

"CARTER," I yelled, running over to him. "What the hell are you doing?" I watched as Carter held Ariel down on the ground by his neck.

"You have no idea what you're doing, Ebony. I will not allow this. You have no idea what these creatures are capable of once you let them inside you. How dare you take advantage of her."

"I did no such thing. I was summoned by her. I would never take her without her permission." Ariel threw Carter to the side like he was a rag doll. "Learn your place vampire, or I will destroy you." Ariel stood up and walked over to Carter. "How dare you threaten me like you are my equal. You disgusting, vile creature."

"I'm vile? Have you told her what happens to her mind when you stay in there too long? Have you described what happens when her body dies around you, and you discard her like a meat suit? Don't stand there, playing all good and mighty. I will not allow this." Carter stood up and glared at Ariel. "You will not steal her life."

Ariel scoffed and shook his head. "I don't plan on stealing anything. She agreed to my terms, and this has nothing to do with you."

"This has everything to do with me." Carter roared.

"Um, why is boss yelling at the wind?" Jake said in my ear.

"Apparently, he can see and hear angels." I shrugged.

"Oh," Jake nodded his head. "Of course, he can."

"She is innocent in all this, and I will not allow her to be a pawn in your little game of war zone. She will not be able to handle your power, and you know that." Carter said, looking back at me. "She is human."

"She is the chosen one; this is the greatest honor for her," Ariel said proudly. "Many have sacrificed themselves for this moment to happen. You have no say in this vampire."

"You have no idea who you are dealing with do you?" Carter sneered at Ariel.

"That doesn't sound good," Jake said next to me. "Did the new guy just try to take on boss man?"

I nodded my head.

"My day just got a little better." Jake smiled. "Shit's about to go down."

"I do not care who you are, vampire. You need to stand aside and let me talk to my vessel." Ariel pushed Carter to one side making him stumble backwards slightly.

"You did not just call my girl a vessel." Carter pushed Ariel backwards.

"I'm not playing games with you anymore vampire." Ariel stopped dead and stared at Carter. "If you will not listen to me and be reasonable I will have to remove you from this plane of existence but I think it will be easier to just kill you."

"I would love to see you try." Carter bared his fangs and positioned himself to fight.

"Here we go." Jake rubbed his hands together. "New guy just call Carter out huh? You know, put up or shut up."

"This is ridiculous. I'm stopping it." I rolled my eyes.

"No, I want to see boss fight with the invisible man," Jake laughed.

"Will you both stop this." I yelled at a stunned Carter and Ariel. "Neither of you control me and my body. Whatever I decide to do is my damn choice."

"Tell them, girl," Jake said pointing at Jake and Carter. "You do not own her."

"Carter, walk away from the angel," I demanded, Carter went to protest but just took a step backwards instead. "Thank you, now Ariel I have a few questions for you."