27

"I hate this place," grumbled Carter as we lay on the bed, my head resting on his chest as I listened to his heart. It had now been two days since I had been turned into a vampire, and even though I knew I should feel sad or angry about what had happened, to be honest, I just felt amazing. Being a vampire is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I feel strong like nothing can stop me. I don't care what anybody else is feeling or thinking. I don't have any aches or pains anywhere in my body, and I can scale buildings like a spider. I mean, I even like the drinking the blood part. Why doesn't blood have this effect on humans? I don't know why more people don't turn into vampires, to be honest.

Leon had all but disappeared and hadn't been seen since the border. We were all now staying in the castle with Henry and his father, even though Carter put up one hell of a tantrum about it. He doesn't like me being around Henry. Jake said because Henry was 'cutting Carter's grass,' but I don't really know what that means. And I kind of don't want to know.

"He is just being nice. Stop being so grumpy," I said, leaning on his chest as I stared up into Carter's big blue aqua eyes.

"He's not being nice, he likes you, and he wants to make you his. You heard his speech about marrying your kind."

"That was different."

"Really? How? He said that we would never get married because you're now a vampire, and I'm this. I should rip out his bottom jaw and let him starve to death while I eat in front of him."

"You want to get married to me?" I raised my eyebrow and kissed him softly. "We haven't even technically been on a date?"

"Yes, we have?" He said, offended.

"No, I'm pretty sure I would remember."

"We did, in Germany. Don't you remember? We went to dinner together," he smiled smugly.

"Excuse me?" I sat up in bed. "That was not a date."

"I beg to differ," he smiled.

"How on earth was that a date?"

"I asked you to dinner, you accepted, and we ate," he shrugged.

"Umm, no, you asked if I had eaten. I said no. You then insisted that we go to this restaurant, and then you ate a serial killer."

"So again, we went out, and both ate. I do not see the problem here?" He smiled proudly.

"Oh my lord, you think we did, don't you? Aw, that's so sad for me, " I stuck out my bottom lip.

"Well, what do you call a date?" He said, sitting up and crossing his arms over his bare chest.

"Well, once this guy took me to the circus, Oh and this other guy took me on a boat ride, I did go on this ghost hunt with a guy once, but he got scared, so we had to leave. My point is none of them ended in me being trapped on a roof with a raging vampire or wolf creature while he fought my very handsome boss," I said in his face.

"They don't? That's how all of my dates have ended?" Carter said, looking off in the distance and thinking as he tapped his chin.

"Really? How many dates have you been on?"

"One," he smiled, "You."

"Aw, am I your first date? That wasn't a date, but now that you know, you will make it up to me with a real date?" I crawled on top of him and kissed his warm torso as I moved up his body.

"Keep doing that, and I'll buy you the world," he said with a growl.

"You're so generous when you're horny," I smiled, kissing his neck.