32.

CARTER'S POV

"You are a traitor, killing your kind to protect humans. You should be slaughtered," a vampire yelled at me as it tried to swing its sword at my head. "You are a traitor to your kind." It spat in my face and laughed wickedly as I wiped its goo off my face.

"You are disgusting," I said, flicking the goo onto the floor.

"Die human fucker." The creature lunged at me swinging its sword in the air.

"Fuck off," I yelled as I grabbed onto its head and twisted off its shoulders like it was made of foam. "If you want to kill me, you are going to have to do better than that, son." His body fell to the ground, and I threw his severed head across the field. "Don't waste my time talking to me. I hate small talk, even on a battlefield." I've never been very good at small talk unless I'm taking their money. Then I'll chat for hours.

"Human fucker," another yelled at me. I turned to see him smirking at me with blood dripping from his mouth. "You disgust me," the creature sneered at me.

"I disgust you? Have you seen yourself?" I laughed as I broke his neck and slit his throat. Please, I disgust him? What a joke.

"Die, traitor." Another creature yelled as it charged at me with a stake in its hand. I swung my fist straight through his chest cavity and ripped its dead heart right through his back. "I'm the bloody traitor? Are you serious?" I yelled in its face as it dropped to the floor. "What is wrong with these creatures? Woah!" I ducked out of the way as a huge tree trunk was being swung at my face by a creature. I dived at the creature's legs and forced it to the ground. I quickly jumped up, grabbed the trunk from its grasp, and shoved the bottom of it through the creature's face-smashing it completely. "Asshole."

"Boss," Jake called as he beat a vampire with its broken-off arm. "Leon is here. He's at the portal." Jake continued to beat the creature with the broken arm. "Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself. Never gets old," he laughed as the body of his victim fell to the floor.

"Let's get this over with then," I called and ran through the field of bodies and blood that lay before me. As much as I loved blood and gore, I hated the sight of the bodies everywhere. It was just so untidy and messy. A vampire landed with a splat in front of me and exploded with the force of the ground right where I was about to step. "Oh great, now I have brain on my damn shoe. See, this is why I hate the mess." I shook the mess off my shoe."Are you sure Ebony made it to the castle?" I yelled as Jake ran to my side.

"I saw her run towards the doors, boss. She must be inside," he nodded.

"Good," as much as her stubbornness pissed me off before, the thought of her being out here made me feel physically sick. I understand that she wants to fight, but without her, I have nothing to fight for in this world. I wish she could see that. I'm doing all this for her, her future, and our future. She's just so damn stubborn all the time, damn human side.

"You ready for this?" Jake said calmly.

"No, I'll never be ready for this. I'll never be ready to kill my brother, but if I don't, I'll lose everything. He must die for my family's safety. Her safely. He should never have threatened me in this way." I looked around at the devastation that lay before us. Malicious destruction happened because of my brother and his hatred toward me. I am the reason for all this death, and it's going to end tonight.

"This is the right thing, boss, whatever happens here tonight. I owe you everything, and I'll always have your back. It's an honor to fight at your side, boss," Jake said, keeping his eyes forward on the black portal in front of us.

"You are a true brother Jacob, and the honor is all mine. We fight for our family," I said, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Family," he repeated, looking over at me.