8.

"His son? He didn't tell me he had a son?" I said, shaking Callan's cold hand.

"He didn't? Maybe he is trying to impress you with his rich bachelor lifestyle. His age kind of ruins it for him, though." he laughed.

"How has he never mentioned you to me? He told me everything else."

"So, you know about our family history then?"

"Yep, and it's pretty unbelievable, to be honest."

"I imagine it would be to someone of your kind. Jake told me you were human?" He said, slightly shaking his head, smiling his perfect smile just like his father.

"Yeah, does that surprise you?"

"Well, kind of. My father doesn't usually surround himself with your kind. I mean, he doesn't hate you, but I've never really known him to employ them on his personal staff."

"Miss Summers," Mr Morgan called, motioning for me to go to him.

"You're being beckoned. Well, hopefully, we will get to continue this conversation later." He smiled again.

"I look forward to it. It was nice meeting you, Callan."

"The pleasure is all mine, Ebony Summers." he smiled his perfect smile again. This family certainly had some impressive genes.

"Oh, by the way. Don't believe a word Jake says about me." I said, rolling my eyes.

Callan chuckled as he walked toward the others. "Oh, so you don't have a love heart birthmark on your lower back?"

"I'm going to kill him," I yelled.

"Nice to meet you, Ebony." Callan laughed.

I walked over to Mr Morgan shaking my head and muttering about Jake, "Yes, sir?"

"We are taking two planes as I have to make a short stop. You will come with me. That way, I will know you are safe." his eyes were lighter than usual, almost like they were turning a soft silver color.

"Oh, ok. Thank you, sir."

He just nodded.

"So, you have a son, huh?" I said casually, standing beside him.

"I do, yes. I take it he introduced himself just now?" he said in a monotone voice, his eyes forward.

"He seems very nice; he looks just like you." I smiled up at him.

"Quite." he looked down at me with his now silver eyes.

"Are you ok?" Something was definitely off with him right now.

"Fine, thank you. We shall take the next car as our flight will leave a bit later. Have you eaten dinner yet?"

"Have you eaten?" I said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"You are quite safe, Miss Summers. Now, have you had some dinner?" He repeated.

"Well, no, but I'm fine. I'll grab a sandwich or something on the plane."

"Nonsense, we will stop on the way to the airport. I will not have you going hungry," he said sternly. "What would you like?"

"Oh, really, sir, it's fine."

"What would you like to eat, Miss Summers?" He repeated, ignoring my words.

"I don't know. What's close?" I knew there was no point in arguing with him.

"I know there is an Italian restaurant close by. One of my clients owns it and has invited me many times. This might be the perfect excuse for me to visit and play the hungry human." he smiled as his eyes slowly turned back to their beautiful aqua tone.