6.

"Are you feeling any better?" Mr Morgan said as I sat on the edge of a huge bed with beautiful soft purple sheets and a mink blanket.

"A little, thank you. Sir, who were those vampires?" I said, drying my hair after a long hot shower. He gave me a T-Shirt and a pair of sweats to wear as my suitcase was still on the plane. I was sitting in a bedroom of a huge old castle. He had told me this was his father's home many years ago. His family has castle money. That's crazy.

"Ok, I guess I owe you an explanation." He sat next to me on the bed. "They work for my brother; his name is Leon. My brother and I have never seen eye to eye, and unfortunately, it has turned into a war." He sighed and rubbed his head. "I don't want to bore you with the details, but he is a very dangerous vampire who will stop at nothing to hurt or kill me. He found out that we had captured one of his men, and he decided to attack us."

"But why were they ripping apart the car like a corpse? What were they looking for?"

"Something very important to our family. After my father died, I was given a family artifact with great power. If in the wrong hands, it would be very dangerous. He will try anything to get it." Mr Morgan cleared his throat before continuing. "Miss Summers, can you tell me exactly what you saw?" He turned to me, and I noticed his aqua eyes sparkling like glitter in a water bottle.

"Umm, I saw a really big, huge vampire who was covered in tattoos ..."

"Bernard, damn it, I thought he was dead. Continue, please,"

"Ok, I saw a smaller one with a bald head and one arm, I think?"

"Cecil, son of a bitch." he yelled loudly. "How did he bring these guys back? What else did you see?"

"Umm, there were like ten of them, maybe. To be honest, they were kind of busy ripping apart the car."

"Did they see you?"

"I don't think so. Wait, they said they smelt me, and then the tattooed one ordered them to find me, and that's when I ran."

"It's ok. You're safe. Did you see anyone else?" He touched my hand on the bed, and I felt butterflies in my stomach. His hand was freezing like a block of ice wrapped in a cloth.

"No, after that, I just ran until ... until that stranger found me in the street."

"Tell me about him." Mr Morgan said slowly.

"You think he wanted to hurt me?"

"I don't trust anyone or anything. Tell me about this stranger," his voice was slightly softer at this point.

"He was slim, tall, and had dark hair. He had an accent, and he said he was Australian."

"Australian?" he paused for a moment before continuing," Tell me, Ebony did he, by any chance, have a rose tattoo on his neck?" I just nodded and watched Mr Morgan's face turn to one I had never seen before. He looked furious but really concerned all at the same time.

"He said his name was Phil. Is that bad?"

Mr Morgan sighed loudly as he rubbed his temples with his fingertips. "Phillip works for my brother. He is human but a convicted criminal known for his love of torture and blood. He lures the victims with an act of kindness and then slaughters them in cold blood. If he found you, he knows what you look like, and now he knows you work for me. It is only a matter of time before my brother finds out this information, and your life becomes in danger." he stood up suddenly and began to pace the floor while rubbing his chin.

"Danger?"

"I have to tell you something, Ebony, something about my family. I don't usually share this with my employees, but I feel you will have to know now, as my brother will be after you."