"Gee, thanks for the warning. But we aren't wrestling. It's a no holds barred fight. Any style. No rules."

"Uh huh...but are you sure you wanna get into a fight with a pro?"

"I'll take my chances"

Mr. Kain looks a little uncomfortable. He was trying to psych Lucas out, but looks like he couldn't do it. Lucas excuses himself to make a few phone calls and Jack heads to the back to change. Mr. Kain, Rachelle and I sit in a row, waiting for the guys to come.

"You look familiar. Do I know you or your parents?"

"Mr. Kain, it's me, Paige."

"Little Paige Daniels?!"

"Umm, not so little anymore..."

"Wow. You look terrific, dear."

"Thank you, Mr. Kain."

"So, what brings you here? I mean, Rachelle is here to root for her man...oh! Are you with the other boy?"

"Umm, he's a friend of mine"

"Ah..a 'friend'. So...what's his story? A wanna-be wrestler trying to prove himself?"

"Umm, not quite. Lucas is from the UK and just transferred here, like I did. He's not a wrestler, but he's a master at MMA? He specialises in Brazilian Jiu

Jitsu and Muay Thai."

Mr. Kain pales visibly. He obviously didn't expect that.

"Has he competed before?"

"Yes"

"Is he any good?"

"He's brutal, sir. A well trained machine. No emotions or anything. I told Jack to pull out..."

"I should talk to him..."

Mr. Kain walks off to the back looking for Jack, leaving Rachelle and I alone.

"Look, Paige...our fighting is ridiculous. You don't like Jack anymore, right?"

"No" Ok, so I lied. Sue me! I wasn't about to tell my ex-best friend that I'm in love with her current boyfriend. That's just pathetic!

"See? And you have that yummy, 6 foot dish for yourself...can we go back to being friends?"

"Yummy, 6 foot dish?"

"Oh come on. You obviously haven't told him yet, but he is VERY attractive, and he knows it. He has this sexy swagger, and you're intoxicated..."

Thankfully, Jack and Lucas get to the ring at that time, making it unnecessary for me to answer Rachelle.

Jack's in a pair of wrestling shorts, showing off his toned body, eyeing me. Rachelle is watching Jack hungrily and doesn't notice him eyeing me...

"Not too late to pull out, Jackie..."

"You're not that lucky, Lucas!"

Lucas takes off his sunglasses, jacket and t-shirt and passes them over to me. Lucas is leaner than Jack, but has better defined abs...not that I'm staring. It's just an observation.

Mr. Kain sits next to me, already worrying even though nothing has happened yet.

"Hey Lucas, ever watched 'Never Back Down'?"

"Heh...you gonna come up with something witty based on it?"

"You remember that Brazilian dude? The one who was doing all the fancy moves? Remember how fast he was KO-ed? That's you..."

"Let me guess, you're Ryan McCarthy? Talks cheap. Show me what you got..."

Lucas and Jack face each other, both in defensive positions. Jack is concentrating and tensed while Lucas looks like he's having the time of his life. He's smiling, grinning and smirking.

Jack aims a couple of jabs at Lucas, who dodges them easily. Lucas is toying with Jack, having fun. Every time Jack gets too close, Lucas throws a foot-thrust at him, pushing him backwards. This goes on for a few minutes before Lucas looks like he's getting bored.

As Lucas gets bored, his fighting style gets more aggressive. He knocks Jack down repeatedly, toying with him, then letting him get back up only to knock him down again. Jack looks a little bruised, but is definitely not going to admit defeat. He throws a few hard kicks at Lucas, but Lucas blocks them with his shin, which I thought was pretty cool.

Lucas shows off a bit, and turns towards me to wink, and as he turns back, Jack's foot comes into contact with his jaw. Lucas howls in pain, grabbing his jaw, looking unbelievably at Jack. Jack smirks and gives him the finger.

And that's when all hell breaks loose. Lucas loses it. He throws punch after punch in quick succession. Just as Jack is beginning to block the punch, Lucas whacks him with his elbow. Lucas gives a quick uppercut causing Jack's nose to bleed and Jack retaliates with a full out body kick in Lucas' direction. With an audible gasp, Lucas falls backwards, but is back up in a few moments. That's when Lucas gives a powerful roundhouse kick, knocking Jack out.

Mr. Kain looks outraged. He runs into the ring to check on Jack. Lucas stands with his back against them, his hands on his knees, catching his breath. Just then, Mr. Kain grabs a folded chair leaning against the side of the ring and whacks the back of Lucas' head with it. And Lucas passes out.