Chapter 3

A/N: The video on the left is the movie and scene the guys refer to in this part.

---------- Chapter 3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the last bell rings, I trudge along to the office to hand in that stupid slip. Jack is leaning against the office building, his hands crossed over his chest.

"Your stalker is going to be beaten up so bad...no need to thank me."

"Jack...I don't know why I'm doing this, but I think I should warn you. Lucas wasn't kidding about the Underground thing. He's semi-pro. He's...lethal and cold and uncaring. He won't hesitate beating you up..."

"You really think I'm a push over, huh? He isn't all that great. I could tell immediately from his stance that he's all show..."

"Whatever. I warned you. Lucas specialises in a mix of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai. Just watch yourself."

Shit. Deep down, I still care for Jack. I don't want to see him beaten up...

Lucas walks towards the office just then. He holds the door open for me and the both of us walk in, submit the slips and walk back out. By this time, Rachelle is standing beside Jack, glaring daggers at me. Lucas raises an eyebrow at me, wondering what's the deal with the pretty blond, no doubt.

"Okay, Lucas. I'll drive in front and you follow."

Lucas nods, a bored look on his face. He motions for me to follow him, and I do. He's the one who drove me here after all, I have no choice but to follow him back.

Jack saunters over to his shiny BMW and leans against the bonnet, obviously waiting for an awestruck exclamation of surprise from Lucas. Lucas doesn't even pretend to admire Jack's car. He just keeps walking.

"Hey, umm, why don't you ride with me, Lucas? I know it probably isn't a common thing for you to ride in a BMW...whatcha say?"

"I say, no. I don't care for your cheap BMW."

"Excuse me? Jealousy isn't very pretty!"

"Well, I'm not jealous. But I do think I have you figured out. You're the rich kid. No doubt your parents are influential people here. Big whoop!"

"Only the jealous one's say that."

"Heh. Bite me" and Lucas struts his way to his flashy car. "Wanna know how I read you so easily? I am the rich kid."

He unlocks his Maserati and climbs in, putting on his shade. His starts his engine and it purrs as he revs it. I climb into the passenger seat and buckle up. Lucas unwinds his window, and smiles serenely at Jack's evident envy.

"Oh, I'd offer you a ride in my Maserati...actually, no. I wouldn't. Lead the way, Jackie."

Jack glowers at Lucas and then climbs into his car. Rachelle shoots Lucas a sexy grin, which he responds to of course, and climbs in next to Jack.

After ten minutes of the boys showing off what they're cars can do, we get to Jack's father's wrestling ring. Jack locks his car and walks in like he owns the place. Not one to be outdone, Lucas makes his big entrance as well.

Jack walks up to his dad and whispers something to him and I catch his father smirking.

Mr. Kain, also handsome like his son, walks over to us.

"You must be Lucas, yes?"

"Yes, sir"

"My boy says you and he want to have a go at wrestling, huh? A heads up; Jack is the champion wrestler under 18."