CROSS

From the highest tree in Safurum, the unnamed along side his commander watched the transformation.
     The unnamed knew Safara was a creature that couldn't be allowed to live.
     "The dagger she carries around on her thighs is the only thing that can kill her".
     The unnamed informed his lieutenant.
      The disfigured commander was puzzled..
  "Why are you telling me this?".
      The unnamed took a look at his commander his ear had healed nicely as a tissue had grown over the severed ear.
       He had saved the big man's life years ago making him eternally indebted to him.
    The unnamed felt sorry. Hawk had always obeyed him even when it was obvious he was being used and even now he would send  him to do the impossible.
        "The moment I kill the king my life will be forfeit. Don't forget, stab her with the dagger of mortals".
        "Yes unnamed " Hawk answered dutifully. 
          "Hawk"
         "My lord".
"Thank you for everything".
  Hawk smiled genuinely.
"You are welcome Sema".
     The unnamed smiled, as he mentally prepared himself to lead three thousand of Safara's men to the military headquarters where they would join  four thousand of his men who were standing by.

     Ferdil was smoking as he watched Sefth and a handful of female warriors distribute armour and weapons.
     True to his word,he had provided sufficient amour and weapons. His part of the bargain was fulfilled. All that remained was to see 'baby brother '
       Yart was in the balcony overlooking the royal garden. His pipe was wedged firmly between his lips.
     Noiselessly, Ferdil walked in but not noiselessly enough to go unnoticed by Yart.
      "Hello brother" the high commander greeted without bothering to turn.
     "I hear You've been smoking a lot more than usual lately". Ferdil stated as he took a place beside his brother.
     "And you are here to tell me it could put my well-being in jeopardy?"
         Ferdil chuckled
"No,i came to give you a brand new barrel of tobacco".
        Yart couldn't help but smile as he received the barrel.
     "I wish I could help more in this war baby brother".
     "I know, your situation is understandable".
     "With you in charge, everything will be fine" Ferdil assured although it was obviously a lie.
     Yart nodded grimly.
  "There is something I need to tell you" Ferdil cut in.
  Yart didn't make any indication he heard his elder brother.
      "The blue crystals glowed"
At the mention of the blue crystals Yart turned to face his brother panic evident on his face
  "You know what that means don't you?"
     Yart was still in shock
"Oh snap out of it, Buzr is on the loose" Ferdil chided.
    "I thought we had the upper hand with twelve thousand warriors but Sema has tipped the scales in his favour with the Arathani and now Buzr". Yart moaned
       Ferdil sighed.
"Ferdil I fear I may not survive this".
      Ferdil sighed even more sadly.
    "I remember when we fought Buzr" Ferdil began.
  " We were at the peak of our youth but still we lost but we did give the beast a fight of a lifetime.".
      Yart laughed heartily
   " That we did".
" Too bad I can't be a part of the rematch".
"Don't worry brother, I'll make you proud".
" I know but there is a huge chance this will be the last time we smoke together".
      Yart considered it for a while
" In that case let's make it memorable" with that, he tore the barrel open.