ENGAGEMENT OF THE GODS

Gob found Dalian sitting against the tree. He took a place opposite her in such a position that both were sitting with their backs against the tree.
Both stayed quiet for a time before Gob decided to break the silence.
"do you love me? " he asked hopefully
"no" was the hesitant answer
Gob was Forlorn, maybe if he wasn't he would have heard the branches break rapidly.

Without warning, dozens of hooded women armed with kitchen utensils attacked them.
Immediately, Gob and Dalian sprang, weapons in hands. Dalian noticed it first and screamed at Gob.
"they are women"
Gob and Dalian did their best to scare them using their weapons.
Dalian stumbled and was sent to the grassy earth. The women descended on her, biting her in such a way that it could be considered eating.

As dozens of teeth bared down on her, she screamed.
Sefth and the rest of the company arrived. Oligram the most muscular in the pack swung his axe decapitating a woman.  Upon seeing this, the rest of the women fled.
A bleeding Dalian was rushed back to their supposed abode.

Gan was a lean man, he wasn't the best fighter, but he was definitely good enough to be chosen as one of the nine.

Before Xan engulfed itself in civil war, he used to assist  his wife who was the a midwife.
Now, with a dead wife, lost to the clutches of war, Gan had turned his attention to service for his country.

It was before Gan Dalian was presented. He inspected the wounds, with a negative shake of the head he spoke,
" the bites are deep, it will get infected by morning, without herbs, there is nothing I can do"

The company drew quiet, It dawned on then the implication of the matter, Dalian could die