LIGHTENING

Rutherford drew his blade much to the confusion of the company
"what's going on" Sefth asked
Rutherford motioned with his fingers that everyone be quiet.
Cautiously, he approached a corner of the room where barrel were being arranged.
With his sword, he gently tapped each.  All the empty vessels gave off the same sound but a vessel gave off a different sound.
Rutherford delivered a kick to the barrel sending it crashing to the ground.

An old skinny man clad in only his brown pants stumbled out.
The company drew arms.
The old man looked around panicky. Gob was impressed, Rutherford was able to detect what he nor the so called leader couldn't.
"who are you? " Sefth asked
"who am I? " the old man asked his panicky face morphing into anger

"well, I am the owner of this enormous abode who are you? "
He asked, his fingers inches away from poking Sefth eyes.
Sefth recoiled a bit from shock but immediately regained his composure.
"fine" Sefth relented
"am sorry we frightened you in your own house "
The old man began to cry.
" you made me hide in such a hollow barrel. Barely enough air, my chest almost imploded"

Gob was moved, we wanted to bow and properly apologize but as soon as the old man spoke those words, he beamed with a maniacal smile.

"no matter, am still here "
His eyes rested on Dalian who had passed out from the pains.
"I can't believe my eyes", he cried in surprise "a living uneaten vegetable"
Rutherford leaned into Gob's ear and whispered
" is he sane "
"I doubt it"

"can you help our friend " Sefth asked
"yes, but I'll require something"
"we don't have any money"
"fine, then your services will come in handy ".
"our services? " Sefth asked suspiciously
"yes, your services" the old man replied with a wicked smile.  He held the smile for a while before he continued.

" I would require two services from each of you"
"fine " Gob cut in, "the earlier we get done with this, the faster Dalian gets help. What do you want? "