KICKS.

The princess smiled.
"See you tomorrow at the ball".
"Ball? " Gob asked shocked.
The princess smiled amused at his reaction
"Goodnight Gob".
Armed men soared appeared from thin air and proceeded to drag Gob to his prison

The next day rushed past. In the evening, the man with dreadlocks accompanied by his guards and a handful of maidens garbed in traditional attire stormed the prison.
The maids escorted Dalian to a different cell. The men were forced to strip.
The man in dreadlocks applied body paint to their bodies in ways only a seasoned artist could.

The process took most of the evening. Upon its completion, the company we're equally forced to don skirts of leaves.
They were marched out of the prison. Outside, sufficient horses waited. The company Was qwaited a while for Dalian to emerge. When she did, they we're all awestruck.
  Garbed in a royal red dress, her black hair was carefully premed and skilfully manipulated into beautiful braids.
Paint obtained from weed was lined along her eyelashes. Gold bangles decorated her arms. Her legs adorned with snow boots.
  Gob was annoyed. Here he was garbed in nothing more than a skirt made from straws but Dalian was made majestic. A clear example of gender inequality.

They were escorted to the ball. The event took place in the chief's abode.
A large hall was dedicated to the event thousands  of young men garbed as Gob and his company was and thousands of young women dressed as Dalian was.  All beautiful, all delightful to the eyes.
Gob and his company accompanied by dozens of guards found seats in a corner.

Gob's eyes darted around for Safara. He was still looking for Safara when strong arms grabbed him forcing him to stand. Then and only then did he realize the chief had walked in.
Everyone  in the large hall were on their feet as their chief walked past.
In his arms was Gob's quarry Safara

If Dalian was awe-inspiring, Safara was mesmerizing. It was then he decided, Safara was the more beautiful of the two.
Clad in a white dress with gold embroidery lined across her hair was delicately premed. Judging by the way it glistened Gob could only imagine how much scented oil was spent. Behind her was the man in dreadlocks.

Someone nudged him. He jerked his head sideways.  It was Rutherford. He felt guilty. He hadn't spoken much to him in the last two days.
    "What"
   "There " Rutherford indicated with his fingers.
Gob inclined his head, following the finger. On a platform. Was the largest orchestra he had ever seen.
The chief and his daughter took their seats, so did everyone.
The hall was silent waiting for their chief to address them. The chief stood.
"I declare the bon fire".
A huge amount of fire materialized in the middle of the hall.
The tribes people went wild, soaking the hall with cheers.
The cutoff-virus m chief had to declare the ceremony open. He had to dance with any maiden of his choosing. Such maiden would serve as his concubine.
It was the ultimate honour to any tribes woman.

All the maidens in the hall held their breaths but as usual the chief reached out for his daughter. Just as he always did.