REDEMPTION

Rutherford attacked again, this time not rushing. Out of experience, he knew the bull had a timing,  to kill it,  he would have to out time it.
Rutherford lurched at the animal again cautious of its horns.
The bull charged at Rutherford as usual trying to knock him down with his massive head. But Rutherford anticipated that. He effortlessly slid under the bull and thrust his blade into the beast's stomach.

A loud grunt resounded all over the mountains.  Gob was impressed. The beast behaved as if nothing happened much to the shock of Rutherford.
Rutherford swallowed hard, gripped his blade tighter and attacked again. This time the animal caught him in the horns with a huge blow that threw him few feet away and caused him to vomit blood.

Dalian's annoyance abated, she knew she had to think about the people,and In the entire military headquarters only she knew where it was.
"kufiriko " Dalian called as she walked towards him. The guard trailing behind kufiriko immediately stepped in between Damian and kufiriko.
"let her pass" kufiriko ordered. The guard stepped back as Dalian walked up to him. Both beings were of same height but Dalian's fair complexion contrasted with Kufiriko's dark skin.
"we've known each other a long time " Dalian began
"yes" kufiriko cut in "we grew up together and since your father was a wealthy and influential commander, you carried yourself like a queen bee. A bee that always got what she wanted. Well guess what bee, we are not waiting for death to take us we are making a stand".
With that, the acting commander walked away.
"I know where the exit door is" Dalian spoke behind him.
Kufiriko froze on his tracks.
"how did you know I was looking for an exit door" he asked suspiciously
"because it's what I would have done "

Rutherford landed on something soft, well not that soft but whatever it was grunted.
Gob had thrown himself in between Rutherford and the rocky ground. So the entire mass of Rutherford crashed unto him.
The pressure and pain didn't allow Gob's throat to scream, all it produced was a low grunt.
The bull was taken aback by the new comer. But seeing both men down,  it seized it's advantage and charged at them in full speed.
Gob threw the unconscious Rutherford off him, grabbed his blood coated sword by the hilt, aimed and threw. The sword flew,  rotating as it went. It's blade sunk into the skull of the bull,  killing it instantly. But the speed hadn't dropped the dead bull moved on its belly at the same speed with both horns glistening in the sun's rays.
Gob tried to move the unconscious Rutherford out of harms way but couldn't. The aftereffects of Rutherford's fall was still very much effective on him. The bull and it's horns was just few meters away.
It would have been easy for Gob to leave Rutherford but he didn't,  he couldn't.  Another pair of hands held Rutherford, Gob looked up at the person.  It was Sefth.

"Here it is " Dalian announced
Kufiriko couldn't believe it. Here in the room directly under the royal armoury was a stone door neatly camouflaged.
Kufiriko tried to push it open, but the big door wouldn't budge.
"how is this thing opened?" kufiriko asked directing the question to no one in particular but obviously the question was meant for Dalian.
"like this " Dalian replied as she stepped toward the door.

"Tasty beef" Sefth commented. Of course he was mad, not withstanding their differences he had expected Gob to lend a hand when the bulls were after him, but he wouldn't whine over such matters.
Gob didn't feel bad but he didn't feel good about it either. He knew Sefth didn't come to save him he came for Rutherford, the it thing they had in common.
So as long as Rutherford didn't take sides the shaky relationship would be fine.

Author's note
I don't know where to place ear archer.
General fiction or fantasy?
The most votes wins