"What's up?" I smiled.

"Wanna come out on uniformed with me today?"

"Sure." I smiled. He nodded and I went to the locker room to get changed into my old blue uniform for patrols. I pulled my hair back into a bun and wiped my makeup off before going out to Kevin.

"Patrols today?" Jay smiled.

"Yeah I'm partnering Atwater."

"Have fun."

"Thank you." I kissed his head gently before going down to the car with Atwater. I threw him the keys and let him drive. I just really couldn't be bothered today, I had my cup of coffee and my blueberry muffin and I was sorted as we patrolled the streets of Chicago, windows down and sunglasses on. I sat back and looked out the window.

"Decaf?" Kevin smiled.

"Yeah. I'm only drinking decaf." I laughed.

"Why's that?"

"Just trying to get a bit healthier. I have the normal fitness test coming up soon. Like in 2 weeks? So I'd like to pass."

"Look at you Erin. You've never failed a fitness test. You pass with flying colours every single time." He punched my arm as a joke.

"Listen we're having a takeaway at our house later tonight? Fancy coming over?"

"Sure thing."

"Okay..keep it quiet. It's only going to be like 5 of us." I smiled. He nodded and continued to drive slowly through the streets. All I could think about was the fact I needed to stop changing things suddenly because it was making things obvious that something was different. Like everyone at work knew I never drank decaf. The same as my food. I've always eaten little during the day but now I'm eating so much just during work. Oh my god. What was I going to do when it came to hiding the bump? If Commander Crawley finds out and I don't fill out a maternity leave form she will flip shit on Hank. I was just so happy, like literally my head was full of thoughts on how we could redecorate the nursery and sort things out. I had so many new plans. I couldn't wait for this baby. I already new things were going to be good. I just knew hopefully things would go so smoothly and in 6 months we would have the most precious baby in our arms. I'd never seen Jay so happy about anything and he promised me he wouldn't go away again. He promised me he would be here for our family. That meant a lot to me. Hearing him say those words. I promise. It made my heart feel full.

*

"So what's going on Mr Halstead?" Kim laughed with a questioning tone.

"What do you mean? There is nothing going on?" We both laughed together gently.

"So let me give you the list we have written together as a unit. We've got bets going on as to what's going on between you guys." She smiled. "So Erin's drinking decaf, eating healthy, your heating healthy and being strange. Erin's taking a fitness test in a few weeks which is strange?"

"We're having a new start together. We have just decided to go for some healthy choices and we are enjoying it actually." I smiled.

"Oh see? Erin was complaining to me the other day who she'd put weight on? She's gone from 61grams to 63grams and it's stressing her out so she's still hitting the gym?" She raised a eyebrow.

"Yes but the weight has gone from fat to muscle." We all laughed. I already had a feeling that they knew what was going on. It was clear something was happening but we planned to deal them later tonight anyway. "Listen. We're having Chinese tonight for dinner, you guys are invited over. But no one else?" I smiled.

"We'll all be round later." Kim smiled.

***
Patrolling all day was tiring but so good. I'd honestly missed it so much. When I got home Jay was ordering the food with Florence.

"They will be round in 20 minutes. We'll sit in the garden because the weather is so nice." I smiled.

"Okay hun, go upstairs and get sorted and I'll call you down when they arrive." He smiled. I went up and had a very quick shower. Went into the bedroom with the towel wrapped round me. I stood in front of the little mirror and saw the small tiny bump. It wasn't massive but it was there enough for me to be able to see it.

**

I sneaked into the garden and stood with everyone. They had been sorting out all the decorations and food. The thing that made me smile most was this was a surprise planned by Erin and now we are turning this round and surprising Erin. I helped blow up the final few balloons with Hank. We placed them down in the stones on the table. We cleared up the area and had sorted everything out.

"Erin. Food's here." I shouted when the doorbell went.

"I'll grab it. Be out in a sec." She called from the living room. I stood with everyone in front of the door. We all waited peacefully and she finally come outside with the bags.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" We all shouted. Erin just stood there, mouth open. Then she smiled.

"Oh my god. Thank you. I actually love you all so much." She laughed. She was so happy with everything. She began to dish up the food and we all sat there talking about the pregnancy.

**

I was so happy with everyone. We all sat down together and began eating. I couldn't help but look around at all the balloons, the confetti, the decorations all over. I was impressed. I loved them all so much. They were actually so happy with all the news and everything going on.

"So how is it actually going?"

"So good honestly. 12 weeks. It's wonderful. I've been taking work easy because of it. I've been on patrols. Making sure I can relax and chill." I smiled.

"That's great. I'm glad it's actually going on well. I am happy to see you both doing so well. Florence is loving it as well." Antonio smiled.

"That means a lot." I held his hand gently for a second. We exchanged a smile before Jay got up and came over to me handing me a glass of orange juice.

"To our happy and healthy baby girl or boy." He smiled.

"Indeed my love." I smiled. He bent down and planted a soft kiss on my head.

***

We'd stuck to our promise of staying healthy, eating and exercising. Things had been going great. Like today, we took Florence out on a walk across the fields and there were hundreds of hot air balloons in the air above us.

"You look beautiful." Jay smiled as he took a photo of me looking up at them.

"Shut up and kiss me." I laughed as he come over and hugged me. His lips crashing against mine with a lovely smile plastered on both our faces.