"okay, okay, i get it!" i said while thinking about hitting the back of their heads.

"just be safe, i trust you, my love," my mom said with a smile as she was giving me the bendición {blessing}.

"los voy a extrañar! {i'm going to miss you all!}" i said while hugging the four of them, about to cry.

"us too!" the four of them yelled while i start walking into the airport, "love you!"

"love you guys too!" i yelled back at the top of my lungs.

boarding the plane-

i started looking for my seat. when i found it, i realized the people i'm sitting next to don't look too bad. there was just a young mom with her daughter. the young looking mother motioned her daughter to move to the side so i could get through.

"excuse me, thank you," i said while smiling to the little girl, which made her get embarrassed and hide behind her mom.

"if she's a bother throughout the flight, let me know," the mother said while she motioned her daughter to sit back down.

"oh, don't worry about it. she seems sweet," i said to calm her, which i think did because she smiled.

while i was in my seat, which was the window seat, a voice went off on the speakers and said to sit and get ready for the flight because we were about to take off.

the little girl tapped my shoulder and pointed to her mom, "look, she's sleeping,"

i nodded while smiling.

the little girl then proceed to take her ipad out and plug in her headphones while i did that with my phone and airpods.

"look, i'm playing my favorite song," she whispered while she turned her ipad towards me. i saw a guy with a guitar on the album cover and the title of the song that said 'there's nothing holdin' me back'.

"oh, very cool," i said with a small smile while i put my playlist on shuffle before closing my eyes and slowly falling asleep.

end of the flight-

"miss, we have landed now," the young mother from earlier said while carrying her sleeping daughter.

"oh, thank you," i said while getting my things together.

when i looked down at my phone, i saw the song that was playing. i didn't even know i had it in my playlist, it was the song the little girl showed me earlier. i actually listened to it and realized i liked this shawn mendes guy's music. later on, i would make an effort to make sure i heard more of him.

at the hotel-

the moment i arrived in my hotel room, i put my two suitcases and carry on down and threw myself onto the bed.

i sighed, "finally, a comfortable place to sleep,"

i glanced at the clock and realized that if i slept, i wouldn't be able to sleep when i had to later at night, so caffeine would be nice. i quickly asked siri to locate coffee places near me, and a place that was a five minute walk away came up, tim hortons.

but before i left my hotel, i needed to make myself look somewhat presentable. i chose a black tank top, a tan long sleeved cardigan that reaches mid calf, a black scarf, black skinny jeans, and my black uggs from earlier. for hair, i curled it, and for makeup, i did something super simple. [outfit below]

arriving at tim hortons-

when i arrived, i had no clue what to get. all i knew was i desperately needed caffeine, and maybe a chocolate chip muffin.

when i approached the line, i stared at the menu with most likely an overwhelmed face.

"you look very overwhelmed right now," the girl in front of me that looked around my age said while smiling.

"is it really that obvious?" i asked while laughing.

"yeah, but i'll help you," she said while keeping her smile, "if you want good coffee, get the house blend, it's amazing,"

i smiled, "i'll take your word for it,"

while she was asking for her order she looked back at me before telling the cashier to double her order, she then proceed to hand me a coffee and muffin, "i got you,"

"oh no, i can't accept this," i said not wanting to take the items out of her hands.

"i already bought it, so it would be a waste if you didn't accept it," she said, trying to convince me to take it, "think of it as a welcome to toronto present,"

"how do you know i'm not from here?" i asked with confusion in my voice.

"if you were from around here, you would've known what you were getting before you set foot in here," she said while smiling.

"oh," i said while laughing, "um, thank you for the coffee..."

i paused so she could say her name.

she stuck her hand out, "aaliyah,"

"thank you, aaliyah," i said while shaking her hand, "i'm cassie,"

"it was no problem, cassie," she said, "i don't have anywhere to be right now, so do you want to sit down?"

"um, yeah, i would love to sit down," i said with a smile.

"okay, good," she said while leading me to a table.

"i have a feeling we're going to get along great," aaliyah said while we sat down.

the strange thing was, i also had that feeling.

~1410 words~
authors note// thanks for reading my first chapter in traveling | shawn mendes. please make sure to vote and comment. shawn will be in the next chapter. anyways, expect weekly updates.
xx, c