A Curse to Remember

Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Curse to Remember

When she walked into class, she saw Oliver sitting at his seat acting normal. She sighed in relief. It meant that everything was fine. Hopefully, their stupid prank didn't make his brother uncomfortable.

"Hey." She placed her bag on the floor and sat on the chair.

Oliver looked at her and gave her a smile before mumbling a, "good morning."

"The mornings will never be good, Oliver," she narrowed her eyes at him.

He chuckled at her reply. He'd always found her hate for mornings to be hilarious. When he thought about someone who hated mornings, he expected someone with bags and to look like they lacked proper sleep, but Ria always seemed to look like she'd stepped off a fashion runway.

"Why's he chuckling?" Norman slammed his back back on the table and slid into the chair. His black hair was ruffled and his green eyes looked tired.

"Yikes, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Oliver mentioned.

Norman gave him a look. "The devil aka my best friend suggested we wake up late and watch horror movies. She probably forgot that I had school today since she doesn't. I only slept for two hours and her constant screaming made me want to tear my hair out."

"Why didn't you tell her you had school the next day?"

"She looked happy," he shrugged.

Ria and Oliver looked at each other. Both had a huge grin on their faces.

"You like her don't you," Ria wiggles her eyebrows.

"She has a boyfriend. Besides, I don't want a relationship anytime soon," he told them.

The two deflated in their seats. They had high hopes of getting their friend into a relationship, but sadly that ship had sunk before it could even sail.

"Enough about me. What did you guys do after I left on Saturday?"

Ria was about to talk, but Oliver began before she could even utter a word. She gave him a dirty look. In return, he just gave her a smug smile. She rolled her eyes and motioned for him to continue.

"So what did he say," Norman asked after Oliver finished.

"He told my mom and I. He said he was scared cause he didn't know if my parents would accept him. But when we told him that his happiness mattered the most, he told us that he'd like us to meet his boyfriend, Maverick, this Saturday."

"I'd say things turned out fine and what matters the most is that he's happy," Ria said.

"I agree."

*~*~*~*~*

Before Alexander could even step into his physics class, his shirt was pulled and he was dragged into a secluded corner. His fight or flight instincts kicked and he grabbed the persons arm and twisted it behind them. The person head butted his nose and kicked his calves, successfully squirming out of his death grip.

He hissed in pain before fully letting go of them. Just when he was about to get ready for a fight, he looked up and was met with a pair of beautiful hazel eyes. Immediately, his icy blue eyes began to melt into a darker sapphire hue. He stance changed and he stood with an apologetic look on his face.

"Seriously, Alexie," she gave him a deadpanned look. "Fix your eyes, they're glowing."

He closed his eyes and when he opened them again, they were back to their normal sky blue shade. He crossed his arms and leaned back onto a pillar. Watching the girl in front of him, he wondered why she'd dragged him here.