The Little Princess

Chapter Ten: The Little Princess

Ria walked to the last desk all the way in the back of the library. She dropped her bag onto it and sat in the chair. She pulled out the book Jane Erye from her bag and began to find the page she left off on.

Her mind could help, but float back to what had happened yesterday.

"That was so freaking weird," Sara stated as she watched the three figures retreating back to where they came from.

"Tell me about it," Ria sighed.

"Who were they," she asked.

"Probably a bunch of bored teens trying to play superhero," Ria shrugged.

"Joey, you ok there," Sara lightly pushed his shoulders. He stood grounded like a statue, his emotions indescribable.

He took a big gulp before speaking, "y-yah, but did you guys see their eyes."

"Yah, it was so weird. His eyes were glowing," Rias face scrunched up.

"I know right. That was so creepy. But hey, that blond guy was quite hot. The way his muscular arms were draped over me," she sighed dreamily.

"Wow there, dreamy. Get yourself together," Ria stared at her friend funny.

"But yah, their eyes were odd," she snapped out of her faze.

Sara's mom came and picked the two up before she walked to Alex's house. He opened the door and let her in. She walked into the living room to see them working on something that looked like a science project.

When she'd asked about it, he just told her to mind her own business. She wanted to smack him upside the head for being a meanie.

Two grade A assholes in one day, what a delight.

"Hey. Sorry I didn't come yesterday. I had a family emergency," Asher sat next to her on the chair.

His obsidian hair was slightly disheveled, making him look even more attractive then usual. Those bright green eyes of his fixed on her own hazel ones. His lips held a curt smile, adding to his boyish features. He wore a white long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, his muscular forearm on display. The shirt clung to his well-defined biceps for dear life.

Ria couldn't help, but shameless gawk at what a fine specimen he was. She blinked several times before remembering that he'd said something.

"Not big deal. I understand how important family is," she smiled at him, placing her book on the table.

"Yah," he replied sound distant.

"Is everything alright," she worriedly asked.

"Um... yah. A family member of mine had met with a small accident," he cleared his throat.

"Are they alright?"

"They're fine. I was just scared, you know. Family is a big factor in my life."

"Just be positive. Everything will be better," she smiled at him.

"I hope so," he gave a small smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.