Her Ride to School

Chapter Twenty Eight: Her Ride to School

When Ria woke up Monday morning, the first thing to occur was her falling hard on the wooden flooring of her bedroom. Looking up, she saw Rose standing by her doorway looking as pale as a ghost. Ria asked her what the hell happened and why she was scared, but instead of answering she just walked out of her room and into the bathroom where she slammed the door with much to force.

Ria rubbed the back of her head (the spot where her head collided with the nightstand). Standing up, she stretched, hoping for her minor back injury to subside before she headed to school. Patiently, she waited outside of the bathroom for Rose to hurry. When the thirteen year old stepped out of the bathroom, she refused to make direct eye contact with Ria.

"Rose, what the hell happened? Why are you ignoring me." She placed her hands on either side of the doors in order to prevent her sister from leaving.

Rose finally looked at her face and sighed. "When I came into your room to wake you up, I saw you levitate right next to the bed. Not only that, there were weird yellowish electrical things crawling around your arm. It's was creepy."

Rias hardened face softened at the tone her sister was using. Her voice was soft and held fear, but worry in them. She was probably scared, but not for herself.

"I was scared you might get hurt," Rose looked into Rias eyes. She stepped closer to her sister and hugged her. Rose could feel the warmth of her skin enveloping her and offering her comfort.

"Nothing will happen to me and as long as I'm alive, nothing will happen to you. I will never hurt you," she murmured into her sisters curly hair.

Rose nodded her head.

After finishing up her apple, she walked outside only to realize that her mother had already left without her. In confusion and slight anger, she began to dial her mother's number only to be stopped by a honk. She glanced up and saw a familiar beat up pickup truck on her driveway. The person inside had a massive smile on his face as he motioned for her to hop in.

"I'm going to assume you're the idiot who convinced my mom to leave me here?"

Silas nodded his head as he unlocked the door. "I figured I'd drop off my best friends to school. Now hurry up, I still have to pick up Sara and Joey."

"You woke up early just to drop us off to school. If I remember correctly, the Silas I knew hated waking up early and being a functional member of society," she crossed her arms and gave him a side look.

He barked out a laughter before answering her, "oh, I still hate the mornings, but I like you guys more so I thought it'd be a great way for me to catch up with you guys."

"You, my friend, are just crazy," she shook her head.

He sent a wink her way and continued to drive to Sara's house. They chatted about minor things until Sara jumped into the back seat. Then they drove to Joeys house.

By the time school came, Silas' happinesses started to fade. "Man, I never thought I'd miss this place," he looked at the crowded building in front of him. Numerous students shuffled their way past the gates and into the place he'd considered hell.

"We should hangout after school," Silas told them.

Ria looked up with an apologetic look. "I can't. Alex and I have some work to finish for a class."

Sara and Joey gave her a confused glance. As far as they knew, Alex and Ria barely got along. Heck, just a few days ago she had mentioned how annoying he was. Also, what work for what class? They didn't remember getting any projects or homework that needed group work or partners.

"Ria-"

Before Sara could finish, Ria interrupted her, "oh, would you look at the time. I had to meet Norman before class. I must go. Uh, bye."

She quickly waved and sped off, sighing a breath of relief. Hiding the truth about her from them would definitely be a task for her. But, if Alex and the gang could do it, than so can she.

************************************************

Alright, super super short chapter. I've been busy and not able to come up with anything good, so here's something I had started and then kind just came up with some random shit midway.

I wish I had more time, but I have to study for a major exam and now since I have a job, I must go out and do it.

Anyways, question of the day: do you think Sara, Joey, and Silas will find out about Rias powers?

As usual, comment any errors I may have made (I don't have time to edit) and enjoy!!!