Twenty-One Questions With the Random Lady

Chapter Fifteen: Twenty-One Questions With the Random Lady

"Thank you, for everything. You've only known me for a few days and you've just helped me big time. I'm not sure how to even begin to think about repaying you." She handed him his helmet back.

He sat on his bike and watched the brunette spew words of gratitude at him. He could tell she was genuinely thankful for what he had done. But all he could wonder was if this would guarantee that she'll feel better. He pondered on whether that concoction could help her live longer. He wanted her to be lucky.

"Look, Ria, we are just becoming friends. Please stop thanking me so much. I've just done what any normal being would do," he replied. He purposefully made sure to avoid saying human.

"I guess. It's just people who are ready to do things from the kindness of their hearts are rare to find, so I'm just not used to this," she shrugged.

"Well, since you are now my friend, get used to me doing kind things. But not too used to it. I'm still going to annoy the crap out of you," he joked, setting the mood to playful.

"Wouldn't have it any less," she smiled.

"I'll be leaving now. I'm sure your friend is waiting for you."

"Oh yah." She hugged him quickly. "Have a safe drive back."

He placed the helmet on his head before driving towards a secluded area where he quickly changed. Hiding the bike behind some bushes, he ran back to his place to see Ria waiting for the door to be opened.

"Hey," he called out, scaring her. She jumped back clutching her chest.

"What the hell! You scared me. I thought you'd be inside by now," she yelled at him.

Her heart was beating much faster now. She took deep breathes in trying to calm herself down. Why the hell was he just lurking around his damn house like some creep? He should be glad she hadn't 'accidentally' punched him in the face.

"I was waiting for you to come. I'm surprised you didn't see me by the trees. But it's dark, so I get it. So you and that wannabe-hero, huh. You guys a thing now," he joked.

He wanted to see what lie she'd come up with. Her lies tended to be so ridiculous and far fetched, it always seemed to lighten up his day.

"Yah. We were in the middle of some hardcore sex when you called," she casually shrugged.

She almost died of laughter when she saw the look on his face. It was the mixture of repulsion and disgust with a hint of something she could quite place a finger on. His mouth was slightly ajar in shock.

"W-what!" He practically shrieked, only fueling Rias laughter. She almost tipped over from clutching her stomach so tightly. Tears lined her waterline as she continued to shake. It felt nice finally loosening up and not having to worry about all the bad things in her life. She felt almost normal again.

Alex felt a tug at his lips while he watched her break into a fit of laughter. The mellifluous sound carried its way through his ear causing a feel of an unknown emotions to run its course through his body. His eyes twinkled a dark sapphire shade as her face turned red with laughing. It somewhat amended the feeling of dread that had settled into the pit of his stomach. It somehow gave him the hope that she'd be alright.

After wiping away her tears, she spoke, "chill. I'm joking. I'm not planning to lose my virginity to some guy I just met, no matter how much he's helped me. Besides, he's just a friend. He's been helping me out with something."

"Oh, ok. I was scared for a second."

"Why? Awe, is it cause you have a massive crush on me and want me all to yourself," she giggled.