"Sunshine, I know you're scared right now, but I need you to do something for me, ok? I need you to go to the vampire portal in the woods. I need you to go there and..."

The voice trailed off into nothing but mumbling in the distance as the darkness suddenly felt heavy around me.

"Ebony," A different deep gravelly voice suddenly boomed in my head, making my ears ring. "Ebony Summers, there you are." The voice said louder and closer. "You silly little girl, you thought you could escape from me?" The voice laughed deeply. "I see you little girl and I'm coming for you whether you like it or not." The voice laughed again. "There is nowhere for you to hide from me now, nowhere!"

I tried to scream in the darkness, but nothing came out. I was frozen with absolute fear as I listened to the voice laugh at me. I knew that voice and my skin crawled as I whispered his name.

"LEON" I yelled out as I sat bolt upright and screamed so loudly my throat felt like I swallowed razor blades. "STAY AWAY FROM ME," I yelled as tears ran down my face.

"Damn Woman, I hardly even touched you, and by the way, my name is not Leon." I heard a voice behind me, making me jump and scream once again.

"Ok, you need to calm the fuck down because I don't do crazy girls. Well, that's not entirely true, I do them. I just don't communicate with them after; you know what I'm saying."

I turned towards the voice and screamed out once again, but this time it was with pure joy.

"Jake," I yelled as I bounced off the floor and flung myself around him tightly. "I missed you so much. I'm so glad you're here."

"Um... ok? I'll go along with it as long as you don't question my kink later on," He said, completely confused as to why I was holding onto him like a child holds onto a teddy bear.

I pulled myself back and stared into his confused blue eyes. "Oh, sorry. I forgot you have no idea who I am, do you?" I bit my bottom lip awkwardly as we stared at each other in silence.

"Boss told me to stay with you no matter what, so that's what I'm doing even though you seem like a complete loon, but the boss said no touching and no leaving you and I intend to keep one of those promises, maybe." he sharply raised his eyebrow at me and looked me up and down as he smiled smugly.

"Really? Do you even remember my name?" I said, crossing my arms over my chest as his eyes trailed over me.

"Sure, it's Sharon, right?" he said confidently pointing at me with his finger.

"Really?"

"Ok, so it's Bec. No, it's Lucy, no, you're shaking your head. Don't tell me, I'll get it.  It's Emma," he smiled, pointing his finger at me proudly.

"It's Ebony."

"I do not hear a difference," he shrugged. "Besides, it doesn't make a difference Emily."

"Ebony"

"Again, not hearing a difference," he smiled. "Boss told me to stay with you until he got back. He also said if I touched you, he would break all my fingers and cut off my... Let's just say he would not be happy. So, you are from the future, huh?"

"Apparently," I smiled.

"That's cool, so what's it like?"

"Um, pretty much the same, but phones are smaller, and everything is more expensive."

"Sounds amazing," He said sarcastically. "So question, why did you scream out the name of Carter's brother before?" Jake smirked at me.

My body froze as I remembered his voice in my head. I remembered the fear that rushed through my body like ice was in my veins. I remembered being paralyzed as his voice boomed in my head. I remembered the calm I felt as I heard Carter's voice calling out to me. My Carter was reaching out for me in the darkness.