Chapter 66: Stigma Between Allies

Ostium PoV

"Master I've sent notifications to the other divines, all we have to do is wait." Halie says with enthusiasm.

"Thanks..."

I feel really awful to be honest, I really wrecked the guy hard. Not only that we've now have one less person to help fight against that annoying pest. And despite his anger directed towards me I don't even know how things will turn out. Despite Sandalphonia insisting on focusing the matter at hand instead of worrying over an accident I just can't help but feel responsible. Maybe I should find some divine that can heal those enchanted scars right after this so called strategy meeting. I also invited that new divine from the mountains that Xentisia told me to keep an eye out. Apparently she bared witness to that man's prowess in combat more than I did so I think she can be of some use.

Halie glances at me and pats me on the head. I already told her the gist of my dilemma but it seems she doesn't know what to do so she just shows a concerned expression and just consoles me through small physical gestures. I guess she too is puzzled by the dilemma of you saving them while causing harm to them at the same time. And worse is, its not even intentional its just an accident.

No no no! Ostium, Ryouji.....you must focus. You already planned to pass on into this world...and its my sole duty to protect it. I am a deity of this world after all. However what about the other deities they'd sure become weary and suspicious.

Since in Impartorious a stigma exists where if an allied deity causes an allied deity an injury that hinders him from work and defense he is deemed immediately as a vile and sly snake waiting to backstab you. Which may get them to be reluctant to work with me, I have no issues with Holia and Sandalphonia on this matter however the other divines may think otherwise. Basically a vulture waiting for its prey to die its that bad, and if it was an accident and the other party is to forgive you that won't stop other divines from thinking otherwise, similar to how humans are in some ways.

My thoughts were then interrupted by a a familiar yet irritating laughter.

"Ohohohohoho!"

So she comes in first, our trump card by the name of Holia.

"As always you come first." I commented.

"Of course I see to it that the queen's attendance is impeccable." She says haughtily.

After awhile runes started appearing and forming a magic circle to which after its formation Xentisia appeared.

"You know that this call is very sudden, so please do tell me that this is something of relevance I have to go back and deal with some desert bandits ya know." Xentisia says with a annoyed look on his face.

"It's about the invader." I say blatantly.

"Sold."  He says instantaneously as he grabs a nearby chair and sits on it.

I contacted Fwahll to pick up the new deity and hopefully there were no issues on that. We waited for the rest to come with Fwahll and that winter deity coming in together.

"Uwahhh...." The young deity slowly comes in with caution.

"Geez little lady don't get so tense, was it really that bad back in the North?" Fwahll asks to at least lessen the worries of the deity.

Looking at her from what Xentisia told me their kingdom was captured by the Galeians. Annoying pests to the south that keep coming back despite being hurt. Perhaps the war in the south took a toll on them depleting their resources. I can see how their desperation quickly took a toll on them making them look for reasons to attack nearby kingdoms for resources. Sadly their invasion success was cut short by that man's appearance who began to transfer most of their army to his world.