Chapter 18: Subjugation of the Swamp Beast

Sandalphonia PoV

A normal summer day here in Kul'Deran forest, until it was ruined by one teeny tiny thing.

Earlier this morning I planned to take Xentis to the beach, recently he seemed to be in a daze of sorts ever since we returned from the village. Yesterday when I asked him if he wanted to come seeing that he was at awe with the place I suggested that he we go to the village again but all I got was his usual glare of anger and rage.

And yes double redundancy seems to best describe this guy's state back then. But then again this is Xentis  we are talking about, has there ever been a time he smiled outside that moment in the village?

Well deciding to turn that around I planned to take him out to the beach for a little change in scenery since that guy spent the last three days listless and mopping around in the ruins, though checking him in his state of mind shows that there are no changes in his state of mind and malice, he seemed to be down due to something I may have said.

 But then I was alerted out of nowhere by the Sylphians that there was trouble in the swamp.

"Lord Sandalphonia trouble!"

"Eh?!"

"A huge swamp beast suddenly invaded the forest!" The sylphian scout cried out.

"Ahhh!! What!...Augh!!"

"M-milord?"

"I don't mean you old man rather that beast!"

He looks at me inquisitively.

"Gah! I'll give that crap a piece of my mind!!" I say in anger as I threw the crap I was preparing and grabbed my sword.

Yes! Still nailed my manners plus points to me!

Though I can't really use a sword well at least it could provide some sort of defense. As I was about too leave a voice suddenly calls out.

"Oi! where do you think you're going!"

Are you kidding me now you're invested, I invited you to mess around in the forest but you refused. Asshole!

And as much as I want to go to the beach with you read the situation dude.

"Didn't you here him screaming? Shits about to go wrong in the swamp and I'm gonna check it out!"

He looks at me in confusion and in a snap, as if he decided on a whim..

"I'm going as well.." He said with a stern and straight face.

Arghh!! I really can't understand this kid and as much as I want to sit hear and have a heated exchange with this kid, my duty to this forest comes first.

"Fine! Do what you want" I say in a cold tone.

"Oh! And please don't hold me back"

"Heh!, I sure hope not.." He says in a smug tone.

This kid really is a conundrum in many ways.

I called Mr. Stag and in a moment's spur he arrived prancing real fast, Mr. Stag you ain't in a ballet you know.

I quickly mounted Mr.Stag with an excess baggage on my back, damn this kid.

I told Mr.Stag to gallop real fast to ensure no huge incident happens in the swamp before I arrived.

After a short while we immediately arrive in the swamp we see several spirits in disarray with Ms. Kalea  trying to keep them in order, I'm glad this old woman has the initiative. I also met up with Waihon and Falaron to assess the situation.