Chapter 39: Sandalphonia and Company

Sandalphonia PoV

"Look at this strange young man!"

"Yeah he looks way off.."

"Is he living in this place?"

"Look at his hair, so smooth despite being a man"

"Is he a runaway noble?"

"What is he?"

"Who is he? The father of that boy?

Such questions, mutterings  and assumptions were thrown in the air upon them discovering my presence, their eyes filled with wonder, suspicion and dread upon my sight.

Is my appearance really that baffling?

Not to mention they have been looking and staring at me for quite awhile. I sat down while hiding Falaron in my coat.

The mortals were around me, around forty of them. They just stand there for some strange reason. I check their state of mind, but there seems to be no malice towards me just suspicion.

"Ummm..."

The leader of the group then looked at me in surprise.

"Well you guys are sort of invading my space...."

Urgh I don't know how to talk to them, this is the first time I have spoken to mortals...

They looked at each other in confusion. As they did the atmosphere began to feel really really weird.

Gosh what the heck is this, not to mention they are just standing there mystified and all confused, I would have expected them to attack and cries of panic and even hostility but strangely enough they were just like bland background characters in an anime from my past life.

Normally people wouldn't react like this when faced with a strange person. But then again I did use my powers on them a lot. Could this be a side effect of the my powers. If so then this is really bad.

This is getting to weird I decide to break the silence.

I stood up which made some of them twitch and ready their weapons, I felt a sudden spike of alertness in their state of mind. Makes me wish that I knew what they were truly thinking, I wish that I had mind reading powers. But I gotta go with what I have.

"Look I'm not gonna do anything to you guys, I don't want any fights as it is quite troublesome. So if you guys would please leave me alone for now I would appreciate it.."

They look at each other in surprise.

"Well I appreciate your kindness but as you know we can't suddenly trust a strange man who suddenly appeared in the middle of the forest. So if you would can you please answer some questions?" The group leader replies.

Their behavior is quite understandable since their blessing allows them to see past the barriers of the deities, plus that passive allowed them to enter this place. Not to mention they find a strange well off man in the middle of the forest all clean and what not. So who wouldn't find that weird.

"Very well I'll comply..."

As I said that the men were relieved, while the beastkin gave me strange and suspicious glares.

Hah...Just bear with it Sandalphonia..

The leader and the group lead me outside the ruins, there he dismisses the other members and then asks a few to stay, I was able to sense that they were quite strong, but still nothing I can handle if things go wrong. But I want to refrain from using my powers , it gives me even more responsibility later on if they find out I'm a powerful being and a deity on top of that.