Chapter 40: Defense Preparations

Ostium PoV

It was late at night, here I am in the forest forcibly making myself at home in the forest for the night, thankfully Fonia-pii seemed not to mind it at all, I took a watch that I hid in my pocket. I love it when small things from earth can help you do wonders here.

It's already 12am in this world, I hope Halie comes back before dawn, I only have 3 more days in this world left before I head back to earth. I glanced at Fonia-pii to see he was sleeping soundly. He must have been exhausted from entertaining a troublesome person like me.

As I pondered I heard a voice that I have been hoping for.

"Master I have checked in with the others in the desert and plains, their blessings are a success and now they can do a whole slew of very powerful and interesting things." Halie reports as she comes running towards me.

I glance at Sandalphonia who twitched a bit but then sleeps on.

And here I thought he could detect certain changes in the barrier he made.

"Is that so? Good work Halie" I say praisingly.

"Yeah! Though I still wasn't able to find Lord Fwahll.."

Still no Fwahll huh?

"Very well I'll handle take care of him myself, that guy is a busy body at most. But then again that attitude of his cost him the kingdom he helped establish"

Fwahll was well known among the deities as a model of an ideal one, he did everything in balance and moderation, however it is likely due to that outlook in life that the kingdom he helped build fell instantaneously.

"Master I'm really worried you know, I saw several small ships from Perroweiss, those ships had that flag..."

" Man this just makes it even more problematic." I say in irritation.

Halie looks at me with eyes of worry. Seeing this expression I gave her a pat in the head. But worry not for I have a plan you know.

"Don't worry I'll take care of this somehow, but in the meantime I need you to head to those three guys and tell them that the battle may come sooner than expected."

"Master what are you going to do?"

"I'm gonna have to stall and delay them and keep tabs on them every day..."

"But master don't you need to return to earth?"

"Yeah but after school I'm gonna comeback here for around two to three hours and see how the situation fares, approximately four to five hours in here."

Halie looks at me as if she were in a daze.

I really need to explain the time passage more simply.

"I'll return more often, about four to five hours...every two days I guess."

She nods.

"Also after you are done, watch over the seas from the mountainous area north of the forest you can see Cove Callum there, if it is already under attack or entered by northern ships tell the deities and me immediately!"

"Yes Master!"

Good.

"So master what are you going to do now?"

Well since she brought me this news I better get started, I also need to check the kingdom of Perroweiss again.

"Master..."

"Don't worry I will be fine, but please give the other deities the message, please..."

"Don't worry I won't let master down." She says reassuringly.