Side Story 3: An Otherworldly Celebration

*This story takes place sometime during the 5 years invasion attempts of the north.
Misty season, 3rd year of the North's attempts in invading South Vargaya.*

Sandalphonia PoV

"Hah! My gosh that was a pain in the ass!"

"You tell me kid! Those wretches don't even know the meaning of the phrase futile, despite their attempts they will surely fall, I did buff up my troops when we left earlier. Sadly for yours they have to rely heavily in magic." Xentis sneers at me. Well sorry but I can't help it if I want to keep them from relying on their magic too much, my policy is take everything in moderation.

"Jeez enough about that and here I wanted to spend time alone with you."

"Wait what? Hold up?!" He says flustered. Please don't take everything I say in a romantic way it will just create a huge misunderstanding.

"And there you go getting all red, I'm not talking about romantic stuff but rather I need someone to help me with stuff." I say blatantly.

Xentis then calms himself and responds. "You really are shameless aren't you?"

"No but rather I'm sure you'll be interested in what I plan to do." I say with a sly smile.

He sighs giving up hope. "Very well...it's not like I have anything to do at this time, besides I don't really wanna go back to the desert it's quite cold there at night."

"I'm glad!" Now I can finally have some help in preparing some dishes. Reason why? Back in my past life Christmas was a thing, well in Japan it's sort of a holiday for lovers to get together. But back then since I was Catholic it was a different story. Sure there may have been gifts and the like. And despite it being a religious holiday it was a fine experience. Now that I'm in another world I miss that Christmas boom. The hustle and bustle of the Christmas rush along with the annoying ringing of Christmas carols while shopping. And the delicious and scrumptious Christmas Eve dinner. Decades after being into this world I sort of missed these small things.

So due to my nostalgia I decided to throw a Christmas party of sorts. Though technically I can't openly call it Christmas since I'm in another world.

"Okay first grab those urns by the door post and make the batter for a cake. You do know how right?"

"Of course all thanks to you!" He says as he headed towards the post and grabs the urns, inside I already prepared the ingredients. Since it's quite difficult to find ingredients so I'm gonna have to work with simple ingredients.

I grabbed a bowl and proceeded to make some gingerbread, something that I never attempted to do before. But with my baking skills I'm sure it will be fine. Besides its always been in my interest to try making food from other countries in my past life. And it sort of got carried over even all these years.

"Hey forest hippie, why are you cooking a storm? Did you learn some weird things from Ostium again." Scoffs haughtily as he begins to add some butter and sugar on the dough mixing it thoroughly. Thank you for your excuses I can easily avoid suspicion.

"Simple, Ostium told me of this thing that was popular in his work during the cold times it's a thing called Christmas. You get gifts and the like, and as well as get some delicious food during the night before it. I say confidently.