Chapter 9: Realizations

Sandalphonia PoV

Several days have passed since. I have been wondering about certain things, difficult things that make me question myself.

I have been staying in the ruins most of the time chatting and talking with sylphs at times, though I often check on the people who're in the clearing, I only came to check on them and they seem to be doing well, I did lead them on to a very ideal place for starting a village, though trade will have to wait for a while.

The reason of this is well...

I have been dwelling on what that girl said.

Even though she came out of nowhere and told me out of her insight, I was fazed and disturbed.

If I continued to do that would I make them to reliant and greedy, would I make them  be incapable of defense, would I have resolved their own hatreds and grudges just to keep them from fighting, forgiving and progressing.

Such thoughts entered my head almost endlessly...  

It led me to think hard of why I was building a kingdom in the first place.

Initially the reason was to fulfill my wishes of being similar to those characters in the stories I have read, but after thinking of it even more maybe the true reason was to be someone great, to be a figure everyone would now and show respect for similar to those heroes in the stories I have read.

"Spoiling mortals" was just a way to sugar coat what she really meant, and that was playing god in a really bad and irresponsible way.

Heck I'm even calling humans Mortals now...

Though one can't really define the what not to do's of playing god, it can only be defined by a person's way of thinking, your morality, your virtues, what reality is for you.

Haha.... That is something though...

I for one being a deity with the mind of a mere human, am I really fit to be a deity, a being similar no A GOD in this world.

Though I may have had  good intentions, but would those intentions lead them to their earlier and destructive downfall...

Is it morally right for me to keep doing this, is creating a kingdom wrong to fulfill self satisfaction?

Is a deity ever right or wrong without human thinking like a human.

"Ummm Lord Sandalphonia?..." a voice peeps out as I was momentarily .

I looked around and see the sylph chief's son.

I composed myself as I faced him.

"Yes young Falaron?"

"Umm chief asked me too see if you are alright, you seem glum as of the late." He says in a concerned tone.

I shook my head.

" Honestly  I feel really weird--"

"Uwaaa!! Everyone! Lord is sick—Iya"

I lightly flick his small head with my fingers  for him to stop screaming

"Oww..."

"Sorry...my bad"

I grab some nearby wild herbs and proceeded to prick its leaves, divided them into smaller pieces fit for him to use as a bandage and gave them to the boy, though he was small and fragile I could tell that he is someone who can be quite caring despite getting orders from his father that is just who he is I guess.

I handed him the small leaves which got him red real quick.

"My lord! You shouldn't have..."

"Jeez quit being so formal and take'em it is my fault, also stop with the honorifics, I'm no royal by the way" I replied.