Chapter 25: The Results of [Reaffirm]

Sandalphonia PoV

To see the results of the "modifications" that I had done, took some time to see it bear fruit. Summer went by and now the cycle of seasons moves on to the Rainy season once again, and yes it was that boring with no action and entertainment, though my everyday routine has changed seeing that now I'm watching over the beastkin,as always Holia went somewhere again and Xentis returned to the desert it was quite boring that I would often visit the Sylphians or rather Sylphae, yeah that's what they wanted me to call them, but I'll stick to the latter as I'm more used to it. I would also at times visit Ms. Kalea, the so called 'witch spirit' as dubbed by the humans. But despite that it was still quite lonely, despite the many number of people by my side, I wonder why?

Today was another ordinary day in Kul'Deran forest and I'm going to visit the beastkin's settlement, though every time I visit mortal settlements in my area it still gives me shivers seeing that I'm often reminded of messing around with them in the first place.

As by routine I called Mr. Stag to be my mount towards the north.

While going there I noticed something weird about Mr.Stag, not to be a jerk or anything but it seems like Mr.Stag has gone quite slow when compared to his initial performance, though I wish I could bring him to a vet and have them take a look at him but this is a fantasy world. So as of yet, nope.

We arrived at the village or in the beastkin's case their 'growing settlement' still early in the morning. I looked and inspected the settlement which is slowly growing as expected this last month, their tents eventually developed into more stable housing, architecture that was quite different compared to the humans, sure the buildings were in log cabin style, but the way they make wooden moldings, doors and sculpted the roofs to a certain figure was very elegant and well detailed,if the two were to trade later on when the humans are rich they could have raked in bigger profits. Well I guess I'll work on what I've got for now.

I briefly recall what Xen and Holia told me regarding the beastkin which in retrospect, is quite a lot.

Okay where to begin, firstly Xentis and Holia told me that beastkin are often discriminated, treated as trash and the like by other races, not to mention humans and elves, which is one of the reasons why I decided to change their outlook with humans and vice-versa.

The beastkin decided to make this area their settlement after I sort of retuned them to my preference, which is a miracle at the same time gives me more reason to doubt [Reaffirm].

Beastkin are often known to be hunters aside from their craftsmanship with wood and stone, they hunt wild beasts, monsters and the like, but strangely enough they eat very little and often store away the meat they hunted in a strange way, similar to curing or smoking meat as they put some strange substance on it. A possible trade card I suppose.

These are one of the many things I learned about them, they are also strong and fast especially the young ones, despite their age.

However some of them have skills that quite surprised me.

Some of the beastkin have knowledge on farming and took the initiative on making farms farming nearby wild turnips and wild rice growing by the river. Out of fun and pity I decided to use my magic to grow them a strange plant that can only grow herbs such as nutmeg and oregano in this part of the forest having it endemic traits, so it can't be transplanted and grown in suit, though when I modified the herbs with magic, it gave the herbs a special type of property which replenishes magic energy. Though I guess that's the effect when I use deity magic to modify plants.